Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you are hoping on free dining I believe those resorts offer free breakfast, so if you are looking to upgrade to the quick service dining plan, it’s often cheaper to just upgrade to a moderate resort rather than paying the difference...
okay so I know I have already replied back but I was just pricing things out and when you say cheaper to pay this difference is this when the free dining offer is on?

Hey all! Popping on to ask a few Q’s myself!
my partner and I are planning 8 days on WDW in October 2022 and was wondering whether anyone would recommend a particular resort? I’ve stayed Value before (sports) and happy to do again especially as he’s such a massive sports fan. Is there any point spending the extra on a moderate? Been looking at Conorado or NOFQ and just seems like a lot next when I plan to be out and about most of the time...?
It depends if you hold off until next year to see if free dining is advertised for 2022 often it’s cheaper to stay at a moderate or deluxe resort rather than pay for the next tier dining package.

Also, a couple of things to think about, how big the resort is - how long it takes you to get back to your room after a long day in the parks, how many bus stops there are ie how convenient it is to get to different parks, and the pool area if you want down days etc.

We love port Orleans french quarter because it’s not in your face Disney - it feels grown up Disney. We love how small the resort is and the boat to Disney sprints is a winner for us, so it’s not only about the actual room but what the resort as a whole offers 😊

okay so I know I have already replied back but I was just pricing things out and when you say cheaper to pay this difference is this when the free dining offer is on?
Yes that’s right 😊

Reactions: 2
Now planning first trip to Florida in 2022 after the current shenanigans. Had many trips to DLP if anyone wants help. I like a good yak 🤣 but always stress everyone likes different things and my word is not law unlike some people who like to ‘advise’ online 🤣

I’ve looked at DLP quite a few times over the past few years.. I’ve been twice but years ago.. it just seems SO expensive for a few day’s... any tips
for getting a bargain? With it being so close it should be a good way to get a good Disney Parks fix but can’t justify the price! ☹

Now planning first trip to Florida in 2022 after the current shenanigans. Had many trips to DLP if anyone wants help. I like a good yak 🤣 but always stress everyone likes different things and my word is not law unlike some people who like to ‘advise’ online 🤣
Ask away! Are you planning to stay on Disney property or off? Is there anything you’re particularly excited about as it’s massively different to Paris?

We booked out 2021 holiday back in 2019, we were going to celebrate my 30th birthday. However, since then I‘ve become pregnant so will be taking a 12 month old with us. Is this a good idea or would you advice against it? Money isn’t really a problem for us so we aren’t bothered about ‘wasting’ money taking a baby as people have told me in the past.

Also anyone who has taken a small baby, do you have any advice? Thank you :)

I have never posted on here before but happy to lend a hand with any Disney questions or tips and tricks! I worked at Walt Disney World for a year, have stayed in all the main on property hotels (not the Swan and Dolphin ones) and can recommend loads of places in the parks and resorts for eating. Also took my partner there for his first time a few years ago, stayed off site, and hammered everything we could with only a five-day park hopper - my planning was on point! I've also been to Disneyland in Anaheim and been on a Disney Cruise.

I’ve looked at DLP quite a few times over the past few years.. I’ve been twice but years ago.. it just seems SO expensive for a few day’s... any tips
for getting a bargain? With it being so close it should be a good way to get a good Disney Parks fix but can’t justify the price! ☹
Sadly I think DLP is always expensive! I've never stayed in any of the Disney hotels there as it's all completely out of my price range. I've always stayed in the val d'europe area where you can get some good deals. Some hotels have direct shuttles to the park or you can get the train over - it's only a minute or two on the train.

Reactions: 1
We booked out 2021 holiday back in 2019, we were going to celebrate my 30th birthday. However, since then I‘ve become pregnant so will be taking a 12 month old with us. Is this a good idea or would you advice against it? Money isn’t really a problem for us so we aren’t bothered about ‘wasting’ money taking a baby as people have told me in the past.

Also anyone who has taken a small baby, do you have any advice? Thank you :)
I don't have children myself yet. I have been to Disney twice and soon to be 3 times. And I know I will be taking my little ones as soon as I can. As long as you are happy they will be OK on the flight. I would probably say make use of the early mornings and later evenings when it's cooler. It can be very hot in the afternoon so may be good to have some pool time then or visiting the air conditioned shopping centres.
It seems to be a question that divides people 'how old should you your child be when they first go to WDW' but at the end of the day it's up to you. And if you can afford to go again when they are older as well then even better. there are plenty of sit down/slow moving rides for them. And they will love all the colours and lights from the parades and the shows. Sorry for rambling on!

I have never posted on here before but happy to lend a hand with any Disney questions or tips and tricks! I worked at Walt Disney World for a year, have stayed in all the main on property hotels (not the Swan and Dolphin ones) and can recommend loads of places in the parks and resorts for eating. Also took my partner there for his first time a few years ago, stayed off site, and hammered everything we could with only a five-day park hopper - my planning was on point! I've also been to Disneyland in Anaheim and been on a Disney Cruise.

Sadly I think DLP is always expensive! I've never stayed in any of the Disney hotels there as it's all completely out of my price range. I've always stayed in the val d'europe area where you can get some good deals. Some hotels have direct shuttles to the park or you can get the train over - it's only a minute or two on the train.
I second the val d’europe area! It is really nice and walking distance to the park although on a miserable day you might want to hop the bus. The bus is free as well!

The one thing I would recommend is if you are going for more than 3/4 days to Disney buy an annual pass. It works out cheaper and you get extra magic hours that way! You also get discounts and stuff too so if you buy souvenirs it would work out with less money too!

Can anyone recommend any sites or travel agents? Not tui or virgin, ones that do packages would be ideal! My friend is looking at going next year. Thank you!!

I don't have children myself yet. I have been to Disney twice and soon to be 3 times. And I know I will be taking my little ones as soon as I can. As long as you are happy they will be OK on the flight. I would probably say make use of the early mornings and later evenings when it's cooler. It can be very hot in the afternoon so may be good to have some pool time then or visiting the air conditioned shopping centres.
It seems to be a question that divides people 'how old should you your child be when they first go to WDW' but at the end of the day it's up to you. And if you can afford to go again when they are older as well then even better. there are plenty of sit down/slow moving rides for them. And they will love all the colours and lights from the parades and the shows. Sorry for rambling on!
I’ve been quite a few times so know the park very well, I’ve just never been with any children 👶.
WDW is a really special place for me and my husband so we are planning on going back every couple of years I just wouldn’t know if the holiday might be too stressful for a baby :(. Thanks for the advice :)

Can anyone recommend any sites or travel agents? Not tui or virgin, ones that do packages would be ideal! My friend is looking at going next year. Thank you!!
I have seen alot of people in the fb groups mention charter travel or ever after holidays. Also booking with Disney direct.
May be worth letting them know to join 'Disney and Orlando for the brits' and take a look as there is alot mentioned.

Ocean Florida do package deals too.
I personally always book mine separate so I can shop around and save some money. But if you don’t have the time definitely use a travel agent. I’ve booked direct through Disney before too

So you can’t book flights atm but you can book hotels and tickets. (Through Disney)

When it comes to flights do they just get added and you get a package deal like you would if you booked with flights included?

Or will the adding of flights add like £500 on you the booking as they are separate entirely.

Does that make sense? I feel like I’m not making sense? 😂

So you can’t book flights atm but you can book hotels and tickets. (Through Disney)

When it comes to flights do they just get added and you get a package deal like you would if you booked with flights included?

Or will the adding of flights add like £500 on you the booking as they are separate entirely.

Does that make sense? I feel like I’m not making sense? 😂
If you book the hotel and park tickets with Disney you can call up and get a price to add flights on when they are released. Depending on how much of your original invoice you have paid there may be a £100p.p deposit . Hotel and ticket reservations are only £50p.p deposit full package holiday deposit is £150p.p

If you book the hotel and park tickets with Disney you can call up and get a price to add flights on when they are released. Depending on how much of your original invoice you have paid there may be a £100p.p deposit . Hotel and ticket reservations are only £50p.p deposit full package holiday deposit is £150p.p
Aw fantastic thank you!

Stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last April/May and it was soooo nice! We did visit french quarter for beignets but we thought Riverside was way better.

You get the boat to Disney springs staying there and it's such a good way to spend an evening.

Rooms where really decent and there's always a bus stop near by. The dining options on site too were great lots of variety! We had the free dining plan.

One thing that I won't miss LOVE BUGS they where bloody everywhere. We had to keep calling guest services for them to get the blowers out as they where covering all the doors and windows in our complex area 🤢

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.