Alivia D’Andrea

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to talk about this girl-

She started this thing called the "Glow Up Diaries" back in 2018, documenting her going to college- and after a couple of episodes the breaks between episodes got longer and longer. People noticed through her instagram that she seemed to have moved to another country, and as she started releasing more episodes of the "glow up diaries" her behaviours became more and more disordered- you can even see this in her "lose weight" story highlight. Does anyone here follow her and has also noticed how damaging her content might be for other young women?

Reactions: 1
I used to watch, but became increasingly annoyed at her series taking literal years to be completed. I do however, think that she completely washes over her privilege and gets a bit bitchy when commenters point out that they are not able to just drop out of university and move countries with little/no financial blocks on the road.

I tend to forgive her vapidness because she's a literal teenager and I'm not her target audience anyway. But I'll have a look again to see if I spot any of the behaviour mentioned

I used to watch, but became increasingly annoyed at her series taking literal years to be completed. I do however, think that she completely washes over her privilege and gets a bit bitchy when commenters point out that they are not able to just drop out of university and move countries with little/no financial blocks on the road.

I tend to forgive her vapidness because she's a literal teenager and I'm not her target audience anyway. But I'll have a look again to see if I spot any of the behaviour mentioned
Yeah that's another thing that frustrated me about this, she's almost romanticising this idea of dropping everything and starting up in another university in another country but not everyone can do that.

Reactions: 2
Her "moving to a new country at 18" video was just recommended to me. It's weird that she is phrasing it like she is just up and moving somewhere else - she is doing a PROGRAM at a new university - idk I guess the way she phrased the title I assumed that she had to work out visa and housing stuff on her own and moved there. Even though she claims to do all of the financial stuff on her own (I am sure she makes money through youtube) she seems to get really offended by insinuations of privilege. I really don't know what to make of her, but I agree about her not understanding the financial challenges that others face.

i used to watch her glow up videos back in 2018 early 2019, and i had to stop because they were getting annoying in terms of the gaps between uploads and the fact that no real improvement was happening. her videos seem to define glowing up as becoming more attractive and losing weight and she seems to centre everything around that and that wasn't healthy for me to watch tbh. the fact these glow up diaries have been dragged out for so long is weird to me, at this point just call it vlogs not 'glow up' videos

i used to watch her glow up videos back in 2018 early 2019, and i had to stop because they were getting annoying in terms of the gaps between uploads and the fact that no real improvement was happening. her videos seem to define glowing up as becoming more attractive and losing weight and she seems to centre everything around that and that wasn't healthy for me to watch tbh. the fact these glow up diaries have been dragged out for so long is weird to me, at this point just call it vlogs not 'glow up' videos
The footage is from a year ago, so I don't know why she's having such a problem making the vlogs if they are truly what she wants to put out into the world?

looks like she's now making a part two of her Glow Up diaries. I just find it weird that these videos are filmed a whole year prior... Makes it seem like this is all planned and scripted, not her real struggles? Idk. I just feel like she's milking her ED problems for views and money?

Reactions: 5
looks like she's now making a part two of her Glow Up diaries. I just find it weird that these videos are filmed a whole year prior... Makes it seem like this is all planned and scripted, not her real struggles? Idk. I just feel like she's milking her ED problems for views and money?
That's what I find so weird about her voiceovers as well.

I can't watch her, she's bad for my mental health. It all comes back to weight loss with her. I use to watch them and kept thinking she needs therapy not another diet plan. Pushes herself, binges, restricts, binges. I'VE been there so I sympathies.

Are her insta posts current??? I can never tell. From that trailer video it would seem they're not as she mentioned glow up pictures coming January 13th on insta.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was pretty shocked by all that footage to be honest. I couldn't tell for how long her disordered eating went on for but it seemed like a long time. Why did she not get professional help earlier? Someone in the comments said that she/her family are mormons and that is why she doesn't believe in therapy, I don't know how true that is lol. Her family seemed very harsh/mean though, I don't think they are the type to encourage her to get help. She 100% denies having an eating disorder/having a mental illness, she shared her opinions about that in this live: link. I think a lot of young girls look up to her and i don't think she is a good influence tbh especially when she keeps calling herself weak and lazy

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The way she arranges her supposed life experience in "seasons" seemed interesting to me in the beginning, but now it is clear she has no idea what she is doing with it.
Her whole outlook on life and weight is so twisted, and she always responds really defensively and negatively to comments expressing opposing views. Like, ok, she wants to push the whole "get yourself together, idiot" tough love narrative and always says that that's what worked for her. But she has never once fully shown how her life has actually improved. All the footage is seemingly at least a year old and shows gruelling work and no enjoyment of life whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg!!! Did you see how her addiction to food video was? And the drastic weight loss within months! So so unhealthy. She needs therapy not a YouTube channel. Its misguiding so many young girls to believe that being fit and hot is everything. Also her suicidal thoughts in the video was so disturbing to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Is anyone keeping up with Season 2 of the Glowup Diaries? She announced she would post episode 2 on Sunday, then postponed for tomorrow(aka Monday) and now it is Tuesday and she still hasn't posted it. So you will post it on Wednesday like it was scheduled originally? Just don't say anything if you know you're still irresponsible....Also she made a post on her community tab on YouTube that she doesn't have Binge Eating Disorder or any other disorder because she is STRONG and doesn't want to "identify with the disorder"........Girl you do realise you probably have it and also BED is caused by emotional/mental factors, you can't just get through it by "being strong" and forcing yourself not to binge...She is only glowing up in the sense that she is losing weight, not in the emotional and mental sphere......

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Is anyone keeping up with Season 2 of the Glowup Diaries? She announced she would post episode 2 on Sunday, then postponed for tomorrow(aka Monday) and now it is Tuesday and she still hasn't posted it. So you will post it on Wednesday like it was scheduled originally? Just don't say anything if you know you're still irresponsible....Also she made a post on her community tab on YouTube that she doesn't have Binge Eating Disorder or any other disorder because she is STRONG and doesn't want to "identify with the disorder"........Girl you do realise you probably have it and also BED is caused by emotional/mental factors, you can't just get through it by "being strong" and forcing yourself not to binge...She is only glowing up in the sense that she is losing weight, not in the emotional and mental sphere......
The glow up is strictly physical and not mental. If tomorrow she gains a few pounds I’m pretty certain that she’ll relapse because she does have a problem that needs help! :/

• Sad
This girl is delusional! When she first started the glow up diaries I (could be wrong) thought it was because she wanted to lose a few pounds and regain a healthy balanced diet after breaking her leg and eating junk food while on bed rest.
This girls relationship with food is not normal and she's getting away with posting video after video of her unhealthy habits with exercise and food on YouTube. I personally feel like her videos need reporting as I imagine for those suffering with ED's, video's like this could be triggering, not to mention the impression it could give young people who might take these video's as gospel on losing weight. She acts like she knows what she is talking about but she hasn't got a clue. Theres no progress in her episodes, its one step forward and two back. She should be talking to a therapist instead of posting unhealthy, triggering content to the Internet

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This girl is delusional! When she first started the glow up diaries I (could be wrong) thought it was because she wanted to lose a few pounds and regain a healthy balanced diet after breaking her leg and eating junk food while on bed rest.
This girls relationship with food is not normal and she's getting away with posting video after video of her unhealthy habits with exercise and food on YouTube. I personally feel like her videos need reporting as I imagine for those suffering with ED's, video's like this could be triggering, not to mention the impression it could give young people who might take these video's as gospel on losing weight. She acts like she knows what she is talking about but she hasn't got a clue. Theres no progress in her episodes, its one step forward and two back. She should be talking to a therapist instead of posting unhealthy, triggering content to the Internet
I agree with this so much! As someone who has issues with binge eating I can say that what she is doing is just getting rid of the effects of the illness and not actually getting help. Also, she is posting the videos for money, people love to watch train wrecks and I think she is abusing that....
I remember her posting a video in autumn last year with healthy habits to lose weight and from her now I'm gathering that she was at her worst at that time....So you gave advice that you yourself weren't using?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
TW: ED, mental health
hello everyone! i didn't know alivia had her own thread
oh gosh, where do i start?
like some of you, i started watching her videos around 2018-2019ish, i think it was around the beginning of the first season of the glow up diaries that she had a couple of viral videos that apparently everyone got recommended by youtube itself, or at least that's how i met her videos

then she stopped posting more episodes, but during 2020 she filmed other different videos about how to boost your self esteem, healthy recipes and so on (which didn't went as good as the series but anyways)
now, looking at season 2 and looking at all that raw footage from last year, she was clearly not okay but still doing those motivational videos, i guess for monetary reasons (most of them were sponsored)

looking back at her instagram, she only posted a picture in 2020 (and it was about her breakfast that day), or maybe she removed every post from 2020, either way, it is very concerning, because the image she tries to sell on instagram, doesn't match the one she shows on youtube

on instagram you can see her being very thin, skinny, doing yoga poses, her in shanghai (that was ages ago right? why doesn't she acknowledge that or at least tag it as a throwback?).
in the first episode of season 2, she even posted about going to a ballet performance in which she couldn't stop thinking about food and dessert, while on instagram, she posted just the highlights, her next to the orchestra, looking good and fine (here: )

i must admit that i have never experienced an ED in my life, but still, i noticed that something was wrong about her series. after finishing the first episode of season 2, i read through her comments and man, people were concerned. everyone noticed she has clearly a mental illness and that she should go to therapy.

i was about to continue the series, watching the recently released episode 2, but before watching it i scrolled down to the comments and people were taken aback by the video..."this should be tagged as TW" "please, go to therapy" "you have switched your binge eating disorder to orthorexia"....etc. etc. apparently at some point in her video (and as some of you have noticed in her IG live) she's against therapy because she thinks that with good motivational quotes and some strength she can get over anything

i'm really concerned and worried now. she seems very reluctant to accept others' opinions, constructive criticisms and advices, but she needs help.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
TW: ED, mental health
hello everyone! i didn't know alivia had her own thread
oh gosh, where do i start?
like some of you, i started watching her videos around 2018-2019ish, i think it was around the beginning of the first season of the glow up diaries that she had a couple of viral videos that apparently everyone got recommended by youtube itself, or at least that's how i met her videos

then she stopped posting more episodes, but during 2020 she filmed other different videos about how to boost your self esteem, healthy recipes and so on (which didn't went as good as the series but anyways)
now, looking at season 2 and looking at all that raw footage from last year, she was clearly not okay but still doing those motivational videos, i guess for monetary reasons (most of them were sponsored)

looking back at her instagram, she only posted a picture in 2020 (and it was about her breakfast that day), or maybe she removed every post from 2020, either way, it is very concerning, because the image she tries to sell on instagram, doesn't match the one she shows on youtube

on instagram you can see her being very thin, skinny, doing yoga poses, her in shanghai (that was ages ago right? why doesn't she acknowledge that or at least tag it as a throwback?).
in the first episode of season 2, she even posted about going to a ballet performance in which she couldn't stop thinking about food and dessert, while on instagram, she posted just the highlights, her next to the orchestra, looking good and fine (here: )

i must admit that i have never experienced an ED in my life, but still, i noticed that something was wrong about her series. after finishing the first episode of season 2, i read through her comments and man, people were concerned. everyone noticed she has clearly a mental illness and that she should go to therapy.

i was about to continue the series, watching the recently released episode 2, but before watching it i scrolled down to the comments and people were taken aback by the video..."this should be tagged as TW" "please, go to therapy" "you have switched your binge eating disorder to orthorexia"....etc. etc. apparently at some point in her video (and as some of you have noticed in her IG live) she's against therapy because she thinks that with good motivational quotes and some strength she can get over anything

i'm really concerned and worried now. she seems very reluctant to accept others' opinions, constructive criticisms and advices, but she needs help.
Her family’s reaction to her weight gain was so disgusting. And she wasn’t even fat!!! It wasn’t like she was obese. This was so hard to watch. She really needs some help with this issue because battling an ED with a bunch if pinterest quotes or books isn’t gonna help. If she doesn’t believe in therapy she should also not believe in posting publicly and influence young girls to watch this fabricated load of negative body image.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Her family’s reaction to her weight gain was so disgusting. And she wasn’t even fat!!! It wasn’t like she was obese. This was so hard to watch.
i know right? she posted this video in 2019 and the title says it all:

what does alivia do for a living? she quit college, went to taiwan and just lives of youtube? and she can afford that privileged place in LA? i searched his father on google (for privacy reasons i won't put his info here, but i must admit it's quite easy to find) and apparently he's a lawyer. is that where the money comes from?

• Sad