Alice Liveing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like her a lot; she is very beautiful & matter of fact when it comes to body talk. Any thoughts?

Reactions: 3
I am glad this is a positive post. I have been following Alice for a while and I just adore her.
She is beautiful, seems kind and very genuine.

I love her posts about how her body has changed but she is trying to embrace it. She said she has been unwell recently with her periods etc and not been able to train. I hope she feels better soon.

She honestly is such a ray of sunshine in these days of social media.

I recall people were annoyed as she had a sponsorship with a car brand (Mercedes)? But she declared the ad properly etc so I see nothing wrong with it. I don't mind people bringing in money through Instagram, as long as they declare it properly, which she did.

Reactions: 4
I agree that she seems kind and genuine. She also clearly has really tried to learn her trade as a PT and I respect her for that.

On the other hand, I find how she got to where she is quite irritating. She made her name (and probably fortune!) being Clean Eating Alice and was fully on board the clean eating bandwagon, peddling nonsense dressed up as health and lifestyle advice. Now the clean eating backlash is in full swing and she's finally being open about how miserable she was all that time she was selling that lifestyle to people. Of course, people learn and grow. If she now feels that she was overly restrictive on diet and exercise when she started her fitness journey and that she has a better balance now then that's great. I also think she's now doing a lot of very good things in the wellness industry. But I don't feel she's ever properly apologised for promoting something for so long that wasn't in retrospect very healthy or responsible. You could say she doesn't owe her followers that - she is just a person living her life the best way she knows how and, like many of us, has made mistakes in her journey to living a healthy lifestyle. I'm not sure I agree with that though. She held herself up as a role model for years in an attempt to gain followers, publicity and money. While it's great that that she's moving forwards in a positive way and now focusing on a holistic approach to health and wellbeing, I think she participated in a movement that has done a lot of damage to girls and should hold herself accountable; I personally would respect her a lot more if she owned that rather than trying to brush over it with vague posts about how she's finally found balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really like her. She comes across as a lovely person inside and out.

I personally think she’s fab at how honest she is. I met her a few weeks ago and told her my story and how she’s helped me and she cried and asked to hug me. She had time for everyone who wanted to meet her even tho the person with her needed her to hurry up. I think she’s really genuine!

Reactions: 6
I agree that she seems kind and genuine. She also clearly has really tried to learn her trade as a PT and I respect her for that.

On the other hand, I find how she got to where she is quite irritating. She made her name (and probably fortune!) being Clean Eating Alice and was fully on board the clean eating bandwagon, peddling nonsense dressed up as health and lifestyle advice. Now the clean eating backlash is in full swing and she's finally being open about how miserable she was all that time she was selling that lifestyle to people. Of course, people learn and grow. If she now feels that she was overly restrictive on diet and exercise when she started her fitness journey and that she has a better balance now then that's great. I also think she's now doing a lot of very good things in the wellness industry. But I don't feel she's ever properly apologised for promoting something for so long that wasn't in retrospect very healthy or responsible. You could say she doesn't owe her followers that - she is just a person living her life the best way she knows how and, like many of us, has made mistakes in her journey to living a healthy lifestyle. I'm not sure I agree with that though. She held herself up as a role model for years in an attempt to gain followers, publicity and money. While it's great that that she's moving forwards in a positive way and now focusing on a holistic approach to health and wellbeing, I think she participated in a movement that has done a lot of damage to girls and should hold herself accountable; I personally would respect her a lot more if she owned that rather than trying to brush over it with vague posts about how she's finally found balance.
100% agree. I almost think she needs a pinned post at the top of her Instagram (I know that's a twitter thing but bare with...) to clarify that what she stood for, promoted and sold (metaphorically and literally in her book sales) was dumb AF. I think her followers deserve an apology for her using her influence for harm, whether or not it was well intentioned at the time. I don't think she ever looks happy, I think she's as genuine as Gemma Collins!

100% agree. I almost think she needs a pinned post at the top of her Instagram (I know that's a twitter thing but bare with...) to clarify that what she stood for, promoted and sold (metaphorically and literally in her book sales) was dumb AF. I think her followers deserve an apology for her using her influence for harm, whether or not it was well intentioned at the time. I don't think she ever looks happy, I think she's as genuine as Gemma Collins!
I Go ogled Alice and clean living and she looked so different. Really unhealthy.

Reactions: 2
I really don’t buy the super happy, overly positive vibe. One minute she’s Debbie Downer and the next she’s living it up at some glamorous event and all seems forgotten.

I’ve unfollowed which is a shame as I used to really enjoy her Insta.

Getting ready for some abuse now... saying anything bad about Alice on here doesn’t go down well! 😬🙄

Reactions: 8
I really don’t buy the super happy, overly positive vibe. One minute she’s Debbie Downer and the next she’s living it up at some glamorous event and all seems forgotten.

I’ve unfollowed which is a shame as I used to really enjoy her Insta.

Getting ready for some abuse now... saying anything bad about Alice on here doesn’t go down well! 😬🙄
Hallilujah for the freedom of speech. It's not like we like in North Korea. We can have opinions, even ones that differ... 😂 I, for one, totally agree with you. I think she's one big act. A boring act at that.

Reactions: 10
This is my first post on tattle but I'm a long time reader!

First of all, I have followed Alice for a few years, since the Clean Eating Alice days and have always been a fan. I have to say, like with lots of other instagrammers, she is pushing too many ads for my liking... She has posted 3 different ads in under 24 hours. Origins skin cream, v05 and porridge. Why not spread them out over the space of a week rather than all in one day? Maybe it's just me, but it really turns me off.

Reactions: 6
It seems like she is getting flack for all the ads. I know she has to make money but I liked her content as it was original and not just ad after ad. Now that is what it seems to be.

Reactions: 1
This one will change her values to match where the money coming in is from. From 'clean' eating to workout videos to porridge to skin care... Interesting that her and Chessie bang on about those ridic expensive facials and how there are only a limited number of brands they'll use for skin care. Then, suddenly, Alice is trying to flog Origins. I smell 💩

Reactions: 3
This one will change her values to match where the money coming in is from. From 'clean' eating to workout videos to porridge to skin care... Interesting that her and Chessie bang on about those ridic expensive facials and how there are only a limited number of brands they'll use for skin care. Then, suddenly, Alice is trying to flog Origins. I smell 💩
Alice's skin looks amazing, like no fine lines. Do you think it really comes down to all the facials she gets or is there more to it...?

Alice's skin looks amazing, like no fine lines. Do you think it really comes down to all the facials she gets or is there more to it...?
It’s interesting you say that. I used to follow her and thought she had a surprising amount of fine lines for someone so young! I put it down to her active lifestyle.

Note that this opinion was formed from watching her stories. Her skin looks a lot better on her grid and when she has make-up on (as is the case with most people!).

There’s something about her that I can’t quite put my finger on. I liked following her for a while but she started to come across as quite fake and disingenuous.

It’s interesting you say that. I used to follow her and thought she had a surprising amount of fine lines for someone so young! I put it down to her active lifestyle.

Note that this opinion was formed from watching her stories. Her skin looks a lot better on her grid and when she has make-up on (as is the case with most people!).

There’s something about her that I can’t quite put my finger on. I liked following her for a while but she started to come across as quite fake and disingenuous.
When I watch her stories, her skin always looks glowing and beautiful. Also, she is often smiling and has a very pretty smile.

I still really quite like her. I am just not a lover of seeing loads of ads on my timeline.

• Heart
I don’t mind her fluctuating mental health and it’s good that she’s honest about it. I think it’s probably related to her tricky periods.

I used to be a big fan but I think she’s lost her way a bit. I find her position on some issues to be a bit contradictory - eg she’s an ambassador for women’s aid but is happy to exploit women and children in other countries by partnering with Primark to make a quick buck for herself.

Also I do wonder about whether she has an ED. She often posts massive three course meals and big puddings. She wouldn’t be the first bulimic fitness influencer. Hope I’m wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I completely agree with you 💯
She never used to be like that but nowadays it all feels very false.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.