Alice Liveing #3 Almond alice’s skins on fire, shame her app Is dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might just be me being cynical but the whole work out for women’s aid thing just doesn’t wash. Partly because these things are usually a mutually beneficial thing (yeah there’s donations but she also gets the increase in publicity) but in terms of what actually what helps survivors I don’t think a work out is it.
I threw myself into literally anything so I wouldn’t have to process the fact that I’d been a victim of abuse, exercise being one of them. The only way I actually got better was by processing it through therapy. Then once I was ready actually reading up on what I’d been through and realising that even though I didn’t have it as bad as some, what I’d been through was still relevant and damaging. Honestly the best thing for me was realising I’m really not alone and working towards accepting what happened and that I’ll never get justice.

I get she’s doing what she feels comfortable and has knowledge in and I respect that and I’m glad in a way that she’s not been pressured to re-live her trauma fully for the sake of Instagram. Ive publicly spoken about my mental health to a room full of peers and strangers and it takes its toll. But I’ve found since that you can make just as much of an impact and equally heal from trauma by sharing literature and signposting things like how to spot narcissistic behaviour, what coercive control is, even what consent is. For me advocation is about maybe being that one post or comment that can help get someone out of a situation.

Reactions: 8
Might just be me being cynical but the whole work out for women’s aid thing just doesn’t wash. Partly because these things are usually a mutually beneficial thing (yeah there’s donations but she also gets the increase in publicity) but in terms of what actually what helps survivors I don’t think a work out is it.
I threw myself into literally anything so I wouldn’t have to process the fact that I’d been a victim of abuse, exercise being one of them. The only way I actually got better was by processing it through therapy. Then once I was ready actually reading up on what I’d been through and realising that even though I didn’t have it as bad as some, what I’d been through was still relevant and damaging. Honestly the best thing for me was realising I’m really not alone and working towards accepting what happened and that I’ll never get justice.

I get she’s doing what she feels comfortable and has knowledge in and I respect that and I’m glad in a way that she’s not been pressured to re-live her trauma fully for the sake of Instagram. Ive publicly spoken about my mental health to a room full of peers and strangers and it takes its toll. But I’ve found since that you can make just as much of an impact and equally heal from trauma by sharing literature and signposting things like how to spot narcissistic behaviour, what coercive control is, even what consent is. For me advocation is about maybe being that one post or comment that can help get someone out of a situation.
This is such a powerful post. You have clearly been through an awful lot and worked really hard on coming out the other end. Whilst I applaud Alice for being involved in this cause I am not sure a work out is the right way to go about it. I have recently been so moved and impressed by Ruth Dodsworth who’s an ITV Wales presenter and her public sharing of coercive control with her now ex and in prison husband. No massive shouting just eloquent, honest and informative commentating and signposting. I have so much admiration for her.
I think Alice could be a good ambassador for Women’s Aid but maybe needs a bit more thought put into how. I don’t have the answer to that!

Reactions: 1
Does Alice even teach PT in person anymore? If not, what is she doing during the day as she certainly isn't filming for her app. I have to say her app rollout has been atrocious. Not only did it come too late, when people are going back to the gym but she has failed to be engaging with it. I wonder how long it will last? I hope the people that paid for it wake up and realise there are a lot of amazing FREE workouts on Youtube (Caroline Girvan, Heather Robertson and GrowingAnnanas).

I think she only trains Claire Sanderson in person. Payment for all the covers on Women’s Health. Her app is so amateur. Poor roll out, no USP, no responses to questions, poor value for money.

Reactions: 6
Oh what the duck has she got on now 🤣
Is that on her personal page? I haven’t seen it. It looks like a Vampire’s Wife creation. I quite like the wackiness of her designs but you need to be willowy and a bit ethereal to carry them off I think. Florence from Florence & the machine was wearing one recently and looked amazing! Alice looks like she’s got my bloaty adeno belly 😳😬😱

Reactions: 5
It’s Carolyns Big birthday - 30 I guess? She’s Ali to Carolyn.
the dress is a no for me
If you’re wondering about Babington House, it’s a Soho house. Only members may stay.
So relatable and down to earth.

9854D83E-0E04-49B5-A098-D67FE647DB32.jpeg

Has she taken Padster with her or is Lewis going to pop out in his undercrackers when they’re all smashed and singing Steps on the karaoke? Or is it a wee bit more…..refined? 🙄🤔

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.