Alice Liveing #3 Almond alice’s skins on fire, shame her app Is dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. Came here to say the same thing. I do feel for her. How can she not see it? This incessant need to share every single little (and very private at times) detail with hundreds of thousands of strangers is so worrying and disturbing. Call your therapist, Alice. Call and hug a friend and/or a loved one. Hold Paddy tighter at night. The internet isn't it! 🙁

I must say I do appreciate her giving a voice/face to DV and relevant charities. ❤
I dont know what to think about the DV stuff to be honest and i feel bad for feeling so conflicted but she was 16 and i dont know if its odd that she's still clinging onto that now? She needs to speak to a professional if its still affecting her this much.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was always really encouraged by her support of Women’s Aid and DV and feel she could actually be a valuable voice but them but she’s now subsumed by all her other stuff. So the real good she could do and the voice she could act as gets lost in the humble bragging.

I can’t believe she poured all that out on stories on Instagram. Why?? I don’t get it. Just appreciate the show and the emotions and share those feelings with people who care. It’s such a weird oversharing.

Reactions: 6
I found her stories really upsetting to watch having been in unhealthy relationships previously myself. Whilst I am not her biggest fan, I hope she does continue to raise awareness of domestic violence and the help available.

Reactions: 8
I found her stories really upsetting to watch having been in unhealthy relationships previously myself. Whilst I am not her biggest fan, I hope she does continue to raise awareness of domestic violence and the help available.
I agree - it’s nearly 20 years since I was in a toxic, emotionally abusive relationship that I now recognise had so many signs of coercive control but that I thought was just “passionate” etc etc. When clearing out some old papers recently I found a diary of some of the early days of it and it really got to me, despite now being very happily settled with an awesome person. Those old feelings came tumbling into my psyche so easily and it’s hard!! So I can see how she can feel upset - but not sure pouring it all out on Instagram when it’s so raw was the best thing for her.

I would love to see her actually DO something in her role with Women’s Aid. She’s got 700k odd followers. Use them consistently and powerfully. She can be eloquent and she can certainly be passionate - she used to be about PT before the Chanel bags and adverts all the time landed…..

20211010_215810-COLLAGE.jpg
She really needs to stop messing with her face! She really doesn't need that much Botox on her forehead.

• Haha
Oh Alice...I hope she is okay. She was obviously very distressed and that is sad to see. The musical seems to have been triggering. I hope she has a good therapist and support system to talk to. As much as I snark on her choices, it is sad to see someone so upset. Deep down she does seem to be a kind person. That is what I initially loved about her account. I wish she would pull back on the materialistic stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I really feel for her tonight. I can definitely relate. I was in an abusive relationships for around 6 years and even a long time after and 3 years of therapy I sometimes feel like my life will never be the same. There’s been occasions where I’ve found something on tv or a movie triggering and had to leave the room. I hope she’s got a good therapist and is practicing some self care, maybe she should take this as an opportunity to put the phone down for a bit and just process.

• Heart
Sending hugs to all of you who can relate to what Alice is saying. It’s so upsetting looking back sometimes, but they do say that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and there is some truth in that.

I genuinely hope she has a good support system and therapist around her. As much as she has lost her way of late, I certainly wouldn’t wish that pain on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
God bless her. I don’t mind at all seeing the honesty and openness but as others have said, hope she has a proper support system in her boyfriend and psychotherapist to help her through it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Do you think Paddy wasn’t home again and that’s why she shared on insta? Seems a bit odd to be that upset and filming herself. If he was home surely he’d go and comfort her and then she could post a bit later with the valuable message she was trying to share. She just seems to be alone a lot!
I was always really encouraged by her support of Women’s Aid and DV and feel she could actually be a valuable voice but them but she’s now subsumed by all her other stuff. So the real good she could do and the voice she could act as gets lost in the humble bragging.

I can’t believe she poured all that out on stories on Instagram. Why?? I don’t get it. Just appreciate the show and the emotions and share those feelings with people who care. It’s such a weird oversharing.

Reactions: 11
Do you think Paddy wasn’t home again and that’s why she shared on insta? Seems a bit odd to be that upset and filming herself. If he was home surely he’d go and comfort her and then she could post a bit later with the valuable message she was trying to share. She just seems to be alone a lot!
I believe he was playing Tory Golf. Lewis only ever appears when Paddy is busy!!! 😬

• Sick
  • Haha
I do feel sorry for her as last night the show obviously brought back a lot of stuff for her and while it may have felt cathartic for her to share online, I’m guessing she was alone in the house so didn’t have anyone to sit with and chat to in person, or wasn’t able to phone her boyfriend 😞

• Sad
Its a tough one isn't it. Its good that she wants to raise awareness and I don't think anyone can argue with that. But to feel that emotional and then pick up your phone and film it for 1000's of people to watch is where things get uncomfortable. She's allowed to be upset of course but why not have the outburst to your loved ones and then explain it all later to the internet if you still feel the need to share. I just don't get the mentality of going to my phone in these types of situations. Same with people who take crying selfies. Or selfies in the bath. Why is recording that moment at the top of your priorities? I don't know, maybe I'm too old to get it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.