Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ, really Alexa? I expected better of her, what would the two of them even talk about??
Ha! I don't know if it's true. I questioned it on a thread before (can't remember which thread) and was told it's pretty much an open secret in showbiz circles. I don't know what to think. I've never even seen them photographed together and he doesn't seem her type.

Reactions: 2
Wasn't that Celeb Gossip thread infiltrated by another of Mulholland Drive's accounts, too?

I don't trust any man that talks about their ex as much as or for as long as Alex spoke about Alexa Chung. 💀

Reactions: 8
Haha I literally just went back to re-watch that 😂 I remember at the time it causes a bit of a furore. Though from re-watching I thought the sexual tension wasn’t all *that*

remember being at school when that interview was on! At the time I noticed Suzanna's outfit was a bit *different* to what they usually wear when doing BBC interviews haha. But he seemed down to earth on that.

Reactions: 4
I was in the middle of the Sheffield scene as AM took off. I used to follow Milburn and 1984 around like a wet puppy. Young AT was shy but easy enough to chat to. He would rely on more gregarious characters (Kane as an example, Jon/Rev too in the early days) to bounce off socially. My summary is he was polite and pleasant in the cold (sober) light of day. Different character entirely on stage and when partying - I don’t think much has changed there.

Reactions: 9
I have tea on Miles Kane, if that’s who you’re referring to, but not Alex

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Back in 2014 when I started at uni, Miles Kane had a threesome with a girl that my then-boyfriend was friends with (him and a band mate or someone else? Was a bit weird, I think the other person was well known but I can’t remember the name) and she would have only been 19 at the time. Which is of age, I know, but she genuinely believed he was her boyfriend. He would go round to sleep with her and meet all her mates apparently. Even at 18 I knew that was a bit rogue of him, particularly as she was so into him and he was quite clearly just using her, I’m not sure how it all ended but I know she was really cut up about it. That’s it really. Just always thought since then that he was a bit of a tit. But I guess they all do it if they get the chance? I don’t know. I remember this band that performed at a babyshambles’ gig got us back to this right dodgy pub in Brixton on the pretence that Pete Doherty would be there (we were only 17) and then the oldest one of the bunch, who was about 50, tried to snog me 😂😂😂😂😂😭😭😭 duck sake

Edit: it was someone from bleeping kasabian!!! 😂 We’re still not sure which one though

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Back in 2014 when I started at uni, Miles Kane had a threesome with a girl that my then-boyfriend was friends with (him and a band mate or someone else? Was a bit weird, I think the other person was well known but I can’t remember the name) and she would have only been 19 at the time. Which is of age, I know, but she genuinely believed he was her boyfriend. He would go round to sleep with her and meet all her mates apparently. Even at 18 I knew that was a bit rogue of him, particularly as she was so into him and he was quite clearly just using her, I’m not sure how it all ended but I know she was really cut up about it. That’s it really. Just always thought since then that he was a bit of a tit. But I guess they all do it if they get the chance? I don’t know. I remember this band that performed at a babyshambles’ gig got us back to this right dodgy pub in Brixton on the pretence that Pete Doherty would be there (we were only 17) and then the oldest one of the bunch, who was about 50, tried to snog me 😂😂😂😂😂😭😭😭 duck sake

Edit: it was someone from bleeping kasabian!!! 😂 We’re still not sure which one though
Definitely get creepy af vibes from Miles. Alex, not so much - I don't think he'd trade his famous models for sniffing about in uni halls for teenagers.

Reactions: 10
@Shutterbug99 isnt Alexandra just so magical. I adore her. I was so so so very lucky, my best friend got me a painting she did for my 30th birthday and I have never treasured something as much as that painting.

Alexandra herself has said something in the past about not making music with Alex again. She did a Q&A session last year on her insta and was very vocal that Belladonna of sadness is her album and not Alex’s. On the other hand she did a song with Cameron Avery last year and CA is TLSP touring bassist and close with Alex so maybe there isn’t any bad blood
Belladonna of Sadness is one of my fave albums, she's just released another one if you didn't already know? It's quite different but also good! 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 1
As you can probably guess from my name, I was big into AM/TLSP and subsequently its Tumblr fandom from about 2012-2016 (I still dabble now and then but it's definitely a lot quieter).

Even managed to meet Alex Turner back in 2016 on the EYCTE tour. He was lovely when he came out after, obviously a bit bevvied (I didn't manage to get a photo with Miles but those who did said the boy was reeking of booze 😅) but Alex was very nice to everyone, taking photos and even retaking a couple that hadn't turned out right. He actually took our photo together (because I was clearly struggling to reach and keep balance on the wall) by just lifting my phone out my hand, happily telling me he was getting quite good at taking selfies and showing me he could flip the camera like a wee proud da' 😂 It was really dark so I thought it was going to be a tit photo but instead he just told me to "come in't light, love" and basically half-pulled me into him over the railing so I could actually be seen 😂 Which was super cute and lovely - but I should also note that a handful of us who'd got to the venue early waited by their bus and while Miles stopped to say a quick hello despite the light rain, Alex refused to even look at us (which was pretty deflating at the time). So it definitely depends on mood/day (and probs blood alcohol level) that you catch him in🤷

From what I remember, that whole 'messaging scandal' was very much debunked. A lot didn't add up and it seemed v. likely to be a catfishing thing (I remember rumours that strongly suspected how/who but can't find any of the receipts to back it up so I won't go pointing fingers). But there's still a lot of little issues/behaviours in recent years that have made me take a step back. Still listen to and love their music but I try to keep a distance between art and artist these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As you can probably guess from my name, I was big into AM/TLSP and subsequently its Tumblr fandom from about 2012-2016 (I still dabble now and then but it's definitely a lot quieter).

Even managed to meet Alex Turner back in 2016 on the EYCTE tour. He was lovely when he came out after, obviously a bit bevvied (I didn't manage to get a photo with Miles but those who did said the boy was reeking of booze 😅) but Alex was very nice to everyone, taking photos and even retaking a couple that hadn't turned out right. He actually took our photo together (because I was clearly struggling to reach and keep balance on the wall) by just lifting my phone out my hand, happily telling me he was getting quite good at taking selfies and showing me he could flip the camera like a wee proud da' 😂 It was really dark so I thought it was going to be a tit photo but instead he just told me to "come in't light, love" and basically half-pulled me into him over the railing so I could actually be seen 😂 Which was super cute and lovely - but I should also note that a handful of us who'd got to the venue early waited by their bus and while Miles stopped to say a quick hello despite the light rain, Alex refused to even look at us (which was pretty deflating at the time). So it definitely depends on mood/day (and probs blood alcohol level) that you catch him in🤷

From what I remember, that whole 'messaging scandal' was very much debunked. A lot didn't add up and it seemed v. likely to be a catfishing thing (I remember rumours that strongly suspected how/who but can't find any of the receipts to back it up so I won't go pointing fingers). But there's still a lot of little issues/behaviours in recent years that have made me take a step back. Still listen to and love their music but I try to keep a distance between art and artist these days.
Thats such a cute story and lovely to hear Alex isn't just a prick for the sake of being 'rock and roll'! I agree with trying to seperate the artist and the art. It's so hard to figure out what to do when a scandal comes out about someone you listen to regularly. The Kasabian incident last year springs to mind.

I’d believe the Alexa/David Beckham thing - you have to remember she’d have grown up with him everywhere 90s/00s and he was pin up🥴 not the arty type she’s used to but 🥴 I don’t believe it because I don’t want to think she’d do that to Victoria!! She was a spice girls fan if I remember rightly - no spice girls fan could do that to Vicky!!😪🤪

I’d take a guess at it being that Tom! (It’s gotta be Tom or serge hasn’t it?)😂

The Alexa thing is from the social circles she mixes in now after being in New York...she’s good friends with Derek Blasberg who knows everyone it would appear and is pally with the Beckhams. This circle also includes Poppy Delevigne who is also rumoured to be one of Beckham’s pieces...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The Alexa thing is from the social circles she mixes in now after being in New York...she’s good friends with Derek Blasberg who knows everyone it would appear and is pally with the Beckhams. This circle also includes Poppy Delevigne who is also rumoured to be one of Beckham’s pieces...
With all the rumours around about Beckham, you do wonder what the hell their marriage must be like? Surely they don't spend much time together? Sorry for going off topic but there's just too much dirt on Beckham to believe they are still married in anything but name.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
With all the rumours around about Beckham, you do wonder what the hell their marriage must be like? Surely they don't spend much time together? Sorry for going off topic but there's just too much dirt on Beckham to believe they are still married in anything but name.
Wonder how many other children he might have? There’s the rumour of one with his daughter’s teacher.

Reactions: 2
I don't have any tea on Alex, but I did grow up in Sheffield. I went to sixth form literally across the road from Sheffield Girl's High from 2005-2007, so right around the time that AM were getting big, and I never ever saw AT hanging around. Plus, the roads around there are either busy or residential so even if he was there, it wouldn't have been that weird. That sounds a bit like schoolgirl Chinese whispers.

I once saw him out (this would've been about 2005/2006). I was leaving a now defunct late bar, and I can't remember if he was behind me and also leaving or coming in. Either way, I held the door open and he said "Thanks love" and gave me a polite smile. It only hit me about 5 seconds later who it was. So yeah - my only interaction with him was very minor but perfectly pleasant. I always think back to this when he's being a bit cocky and aloof in interviews.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't have any tea on Alex, but I did grow up in Sheffield. I went to sixth form literally across the road from Sheffield Girl's High from 2005-2007, so right around the time that AM were getting big, and I never ever saw AT hanging around. Plus, the roads around there are either busy or residential so even if he was there, it wouldn't have been that weird. That sounds a bit like schoolgirl Chinese whispers.

I once saw him out (this would've been about 2005/2006). I was leaving a now defunct late bar, and I can't remember if he was behind me and also leaving or coming in. Either way, I held the door open and he said "Thanks love" and gave me a polite smile. It only hit me about 5 seconds later who it was. So yeah - my only interaction with him was very minor but perfectly pleasant. I always think back to this when he's being a bit cocky and aloof in interviews.
I’ve never seen the cocky side from him other than when I see him being interviewed I do think 🤔 😳. Like I’ve said in this thread he’s lovely. I’m with you and what you say about girls high and the surrounding area.

I love Matt, I follow him on Instagram and he seems so lovely - always posting photos of his daughter 🥰. I ordered myself some of those limited edition T-shirt’s Matt designed last week too.
Did you hear the album he did with Joe Carnall from Milburn, Good Cop Bad Cop? That seemed to come out with no hype or interest but it’s a fantastic album. Saw joe performing it live without Matt, there was about 30 people there.

Favourite song has to be cornerstone for me, a cliche generic response maybe but oh my goodness it still gives me chills everywhere. Album is depending on what mood I’m in, Humbug or TBH&C. I couldn’t understand when people didn’t like it when it was released, it’s a masterpiece
I used to chat to Matt on MySpace back in the day and we met up at a milburn gig, he was so lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 11