Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd be full of myself if my band was THAT good 😂 I hate Susanna Reid but that interview of her interviewing Alex for bbc breakfast is pretty hot. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife:p

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was a fan back in the day of AM; TLSP can be very hit and miss. Went to see Miles Kane a few years back and he was pretty good.

From what I gather from Alex I imagine he's the type that would be pretty hard work if he didn't know you or like you. Some of the early AM interviews were pretty awkward. There's a few interviews where I've seen him talk properly and you can tell he's an intelligent guy.

Reactions: 9
I'd be full of myself if my band was THAT good 😂 I hate Susanna Reid but that interview of her interviewing Alex for bbc breakfast is pretty hot. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife:p
Haha I literally just went back to re-watch that 😂 I remember at the time it causes a bit of a furore. Though from re-watching I thought the sexual tension wasn’t all *that*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I know there was that story about Miles being really fkin creepy with the reporter. And I’m detrailing my own thread here but Alex, Miles, TLSP it’s all fair game.

But when I was 16 I used my mates ID to get in to this tiny, tiny little gig Miles did. I mean I was literally standing face to face with him and could smell his red wine. This was in the rascals days.

Anyway the end of a gig this creepy roadie guy came up to me and asked my age, I was like ew gross thinking he was asking me, I and panicked said I was 17... anyway this man walked off whispered to Miles, Miles shook his head and this creepy guy came back to me and said no joke ‘cute, but not that cute’

We got kicked out, my dad came to pick us up and I went to school the next day 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I’ve never once heard anything like that about Alex. I’m from Sheffield I don’t personally know him know him but I’ve been around him and he’s always been nothing but nice.

I know there was that story about Miles being really fkin creepy with the reporter. And I’m detrailing my own thread here but Alex, Miles, TLSP it’s all fair game.

But when I was 16 I used my mates ID to get in to this tiny, tiny little gig Miles did. I mean I was literally standing face to face with him and could smell his red wine. This was in the rascals days.

Anyway the end of a gig this creepy roadie guy came up to me and asked my age, I was like ew gross thinking he was asking me, I and panicked said I was 17... anyway this man walked off whispered to Miles, Miles shook his head and this creepy guy came back to me and said no joke ‘cute, but not that cute’

We got kicked out, my dad came to pick us up and I went to school the next day 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Miles is a bit of a prick doesn’t surprise me!!

• Heart
Haha I literally just went back to re-watch that 😂 I remember at the time it causes a bit of a furore. Though from re-watching I thought the sexual tension wasn’t all *that*

Its the bit at the end for me🥵🥵I wouldn't be able to compose myself in front of Alex in his greaser era.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

That is very, very creepy. Not a huge fan of Miles tbh, feel like he is a bad influence on Alex lol. In interviews with Miles, Alex always seemed soooo out of it.

I’ve never once heard anything like that about Alex. I’m from Sheffield I don’t personally know him know him but I’ve been around him and he’s always been nothing but nice.
We absolutely LOVE to hear it ❤

I set up this thread because I was desperate to get rid of the thought out of the back of my head. I’ve told Mr Hell he can have his tattoo as it stands 🤣

That is very, very creepy. Not a huge fan of Miles tbh, feel like he is a bad influence on Alex lol. In interviews with Miles, Alex always seemed soooo out of it.
10000% couldnt agree more. I saw them at Ally Pally and miles and Alex were just so so so so fucked, like out of their minds. They didn’t perform awful, they were magic but my god they were both out of it. Where as with AM Alex is the perfect front man.

I haven’t stopped listening to the live at the royal Albert hall album since it came out. I like to close my eyes sometimes and pretend I’m at a gig. It’s as close as we can get right now 🤣🤣🤣 god I miss gigs!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I absolutely love them.

I was lucky enough to see them in their first London show in 2005 at The Garage inHighbury. They were amazing then and still are now.

I’ve been to loads of their gigs and seen them at Glastonbury twice. I have to say Alex and the band were off their tits at the time (esp at Glastonbury the first time I saw them, he was calling everyone ‘Ladies and Gentleman), but it was the 00’s and everyone was twatted all the time

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I grew up with the Arctic Monkeys and adored their music. I think it embodied what it felt like to be an average young person in the U.K. at the time. I find it interesting that it was so contemporary and more interesting that it is becoming a time capsule of sorts! I didn’t like TBHC as I didn't at all connect with the subject matter

I think it’s cringey and very unfair on each of his girlfriends (whilst he was dating them) that he banged on about Alexa Chung in his songs years after they broke up. he started an affair with Louise while he was touring and was still with Taylor. Louise was a super fan and was obsessed with Alexa Chung (she had Pinterest boards FULL of pictures of Alexa and Alex....) Imagine singing a song for your girlfriend of a few years and then bleeping a super fan who models herself after your ex immediately after the gig?? The pictures of her frilly knickers on his piano top makes me want to vomit too (from her Instagram stories I think)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Been waiting years for him to get exposed for years. A very good friend of mine went to Sheffield High School for Girls and he would literally go full pweirdo and regularly hang around the school gates. 100% true.

• Sick
  • Wow
Right, I mean weren't they like 16 when I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor came out? And after that maybe I'm naive but I would've thought he would find easier ways to find girls rather than conspicuously hanging around school gates 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Right, I mean weren't they like 16 when I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor came out? And after that maybe I'm naive but I would've thought he would find easier ways to find girls rather than conspicuously hanging around school gates 🤔
Yes definitely and especially in Sheffield. I know the rest of AM can go out and about around Sheffield
When their home and be mostly left alone but with Alex is another story. I’ve been there and seen the madness. I’m good friends with quite a few of theirs
and live very near high green and never once have I heard that about him. I know that doesn’t mean it’s not true but myself I don’t believe it unless it was when he around 16/17. Not that that’s ok because of course it’s not. I really hope it’s not true.

• Heart
Following up with evidence of cheating:
Louise being a fan:

I hope people don’t just defend him because they have a sentimental attachment to the Arctic Monkeys. I could name all of their songs and recite probably all of the lyrics to several but we’re on a website where we speculate about everything and anything women celebrities do, so I’m not going to apply less scrutiny to Alex. There is no evidence of him saying anything untoward, but I think (if this is accurate, which I think it is) the way he treated Taylor was messed up, plus it’s crappy and weird to start a relationship with a super fan

I don’t doubt that he’s cheated. Girls literally throw them selfs at him. I must say it’s quite surprising that he’s ended up with a super fan. He is extremely private. I do think Louise is defiantly more his ‘type’.

I do like Louise, I actually really love her album she did and the song blue Sunday is just a dream. I mean, good for her if she is a fan. If Alex cheated on Taylor that says more about Alex than Louise, it take two.

I wouldn’t say those two tweets make her a super fan, I think you would be hard pressed to find an indie music lover who isn’t an arctic monkeys fan.

Those hanging around school gates stories don’t seem legit to me, I know if Alex Turner was hanging around at my school gates no matter what point of his fame there would have been more heard about it. Surely?

Reactions: 7
QUOTE="trollinhell, post: 4282897, member: 121457"]
I do like Louise, I actually really love her album she did and the song blue Sunday is just a dream. I mean, good for her if she is a fan. If Alex cheated on Taylor that says more about Alex than Louise, it take two.

I wouldn’t say those two tweets make her a super fan, I think you would be hard pressed to find an indie music lover who isn’t an arctic monkeys fan.

Those hanging around school gates stories don’t seem legit to me, I know if Alex Turner was hanging around at my school gates no matter what point of his fame there would have been more heard about it. Surely?

Definitely especially at a private school like girls high. I have not heard anything like that before. He does not give off that kind of vibe either.

Nothing wrong with him been with a fan at all. The kind of ladies who’s his type are of course going to like the monkeys.

Reactions: 3