Aladdin 2019

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone seen the new Aladdin yet? I went today with the thought it would probably be cheesy and ruin the classic cartoon version but I was wrong!

It's incredible! If you're in two minds about going I highly recommend it. Don't want to say to much because of spoilers but it's honestly a really good film!

Reactions: 6
I haven't seen it yet. That clip of Will Smith singing Prince Ali put me off! So autotuned and made what was a fun and exciting sequence in the animated version look quite stagnant.

I haven't seen it yet. That clip of Will Smith singing Prince Ali put me off! So autotuned and made what was a fun and exciting sequence in the animated version look quite stagnant.
Will Smith is actually really good as the genie. Before I saw it I hated the idea of him playing the role and ruining the iconic character Robin Williams had created, but he was actually pretty impressive as the Genie.

Reactions: 2
Personally I can't wait to watch! I am a big Disney nerd (and an adult, yes) and I enjoy watching these live action remakes, without expecting them to outperform the classics I grew up with.
I was dead set against recasting for Genie until I saw the West End Aladdin and loved what they did with the Genie; now I think Will Smith can make the role his own. I'll comment back after I've watched.

Reactions: 1
It's amazing!!! I went on Saturday. Sang my little heart out, the famous little quotes still appeared and the spin they've put on it was brilliant! In fact my 14 year old never came to watch it with his brothers so he wants to go now. So I'll be seeing it again

I was really sceptical about seeing it .... but I LOVED it!! I’m not a big fan of will smith usually , how ever he was the perfect choice for the genie! I loved it!!

I'm seeing it later today with my youngest. Looking forward to it! Saw the preview the other week at the wonderpark film ( wasn't overly keen on that) Got to love meercat movies for helping out! Mine all know if we go to the cinema it's only ever on a Tuesday or Wednesday 🤣 ( or a sat morning for an older film lol!)

Reporting back to the thread after my cinema trip. Oh wow! It's SO good, totally loved it. Will Smith is FAB! 10/10 from me 👌🏼

Reactions: 3
Back from the cinema now and WOW! Will Smith KILLED IT. I was so impressed! Great, entertaining movie all around.

Reactions: 5
Watched last weekend with my children, loved it! Will Smith was fantastic!

Reactions: 1
We went last weekend. I loved it! Aladdin isn’t my favourite Disney movie but I could easily watch this again!

I do think though Will Smith completed the film. If he wasn’t in it I think it could have possibly failed