Airbnb questions/experiences

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed that Sasha Wilkins, Liberty London Girl’s sister is advertising her dog friendly Bath flat via Sasha’s Instagram account. What surprised me was the extra charges. £15 for a camp bed. £25 for a double blow up aerobed. £25 for one dog and £10 for a second dog plus a £250 deposit in case of dog damage.

The flat looks good and has good reviews but those extra charges....

Are they normal?

I noticed that Sasha Wilkins, Liberty London Girl’s sister is advertising her dog friendly Bath flat via Sasha’s Instagram account. What surprised me was the extra charges. £15 for a camp bed. £25 for a double blow up aerobed. £25 for one dog and £10 for a second dog plus a £250 deposit in case of dog damage.

The flat looks good and has good reviews but those extra charges....

Are they normal?
I’ve never air b n b’d but I’d say the dog ones certainly are. Everyone is going to say their pet is housetrained etc but what if they wee on something and you then have to professionally clean it. You’d need a professional clean anyway to get rid of dog hair etc anyway

Yeah the extra charges are normal. I remember looking for an air bnb in Chester and one house charged for extra children, despite it being a 2 bed!

Reactions: 1
I’ve only stayed at four different Air BnB places (in this country and abroad) and I’ve never seen extra charges like that. Albeit I didn’t stay at dog friendly ones, so don’t know about those charges, but certainly not for a camp bed.

I’ve seen dog charges on a hotel room but not at £25. Some dogs are going to leave more hair than others. So I presume it’s for extra cleaning. But it’s the charges for the camp bed and the aero bed that I find astonishing. Seems like they are charging for the air to blow up the bed! Plus the extra sheet washing. If they had a sofa bed you wouldn’t pay extra. A double aero bed costs about £200 to buy. I have slept in a single one and it was very comfortable.

Hmm don’t have a dog so never looked for an air bnb with that option but we’ve stayed in looooads of air bnbs and had no problems.

I run our glamping pods on Airbnb and I only charge extra (not much) for cleaning but that’s it and only because of the complete mess including breakages I’ve sometimes had to deal with.I don’t charge anything extra for extra bedding or use of the sofa bed for extra beds etc, Or for dogs ( I know some do) It really is up to the owners what they charge extra for. I guess some people just like to charge for whatever to make extra cash.

Nope - we’ve always picked places that have actual beds. Seems a bit crappy charging extra for an air bed :/
And extra for a camp bed. So strange. Also I noticed that the name of the flats owner is not that of her sister even though she said it’s her sister’s. She must have an agent running it for her as she lives in London.