Adult Only Wedding

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also had an adults only wedding and just sent the invitations to the adults. No one was butt hurt so yes, grow up
That's what I did. Only one person asked if they can bring their kid, I said no and they still came and had a great time. Some people are just oversensitive because they think the world revolves around their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As a mum of 2 I love adult only weddings 😂 I’m so grateful when they aren’t invited, they are a nightmare and will no doubt embarrass me 😂😂😂 I never get to go out so I’m all in favour 🙌

Reactions: 7
As a mum of 2 I love adult only weddings 😂 I’m so grateful when they aren’t invited, they are a nightmare and will no doubt embarrass me 😂😂😂 I never get to go out so I’m all in favour 🙌
I don’t know why people are so obsessed with bringing their children! I don’t like my kid being around people drinking alcohol and getting drunk (both of which I would like to do but again wouldn’t with my child) but I’m the bad parent, yeah ok

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry to jump on this bandwagon but I’m trying to organise my wedding as well and it will be CF apart from my own child. I don’t see this being a problem for any of my friends/family.

My issue is I only want a small wedding with immediate family only and then a party afterwards. I know some friends and family will be a bit pissed at this and I’m sure they will get over it, but, years ago before I even met my SO, when we used to talk about weddings (as girls do) I said I would have my two best friends as part of my wedding party and now I’m not sure how to tell them this won’t be happening. Will they be annoyed/upset or am I just overthinking things?

I think I wouldn't be offended if I were invited to a child free wedding as it is their wedding so its up to them how they celebrate it. I will say though that I would probs add a little note about it being childfree something straight to the point like adults only no children except immediate family.

I wouldn't assume my kids werent invited just because they werent on the invite. My cousin got married last year and the invite was just addressed to me but I took my kids along and there was a bouncy castle, childrens entertainment, kids sweet cart etc. He just couldn't remember both my kids names so just addressed it to me.

I wouldnt include the bit about wanting guests to have fun without their kids. I might be sensitive but it would wind up, I dont know why but it would lol

I also wouldn't use a babysitter service for my children. If it were a close friend I would ask family to babysit.

Reactions: 1
Cf weddings are great... But I would let breastfed babies come.
Yes good point that’s what has happened at other childfree weddings I’ve been too and what was said was they didn’t count in the numbers as they didn’t take up a “seat” . You wouldn’t even notice they were there

I don’t know why people would even want to bring their kids to a wedding! I would haven’t children at mine either!

I don’t know why people would even want to bring their kids to a wedding! I would haven’t children at mine either!
For me my wedding/reception would include children because it’s a family event and they are family! X

• Heart
My friend didn’t get married until she was 40 by which point all her friends had about 50 kids between them so she just wrote a note about it and how it was too many kids to accommodate and so they decided not to invite friends kids only their immediate families kids which ended up being 2 children!

Some of us did have babies at the time but we just got babysitters and enjoyed ourselves child free.

When my BFF got married, her children were preschool/toddler age and the youngest was shouting and banging her shoes on the chairs during the vows. I thought that having a child free wedding was a sensible thing. Fast forward a few years, and my sister got married - and my own toddler fell and smashed her head on a pew and began screaming at full volume as my sister made her vows so I had to grab him and run from the church. I would never begrudge anyone requesting an adults only wedding!

I have been invited to several child free weddings and didn’t give it a second thought, I also wouldn’t take my children if they were invited as it would just be stressful.
As long as your prepared for a few people to not be able to come I don’t see any problem.

Reactions: 3
For me my wedding/reception would include children because it’s a family event and they are family! X
Maybe! I just feel like I’d want my wedding to just be about myself and other half! I wouldn’t wanna have to cater to other people and kids often need their own food/entertainment haha

Maybe! I just feel like I’d want my wedding to just be about myself and other half! I wouldn’t wanna have to cater to other people and kids often need their own food/entertainment haha
Maybe I’m different because I HATE the attention on me....I’d rather have tit tonne of kids for everyone to focus their attention on 😂

I have two children my self (2.5 year and 6 month) and I would not be offended by a child free wedding. The lady who said she would be upset if she hadn’t been told before hand .. sorry but it’s not your day. It doesn’t revolve around you or your children. As horrible as that may sound, your children are not their main focus.

My brother in law just got married and they were adamant they wanted our children to be present we did not .. and it was a very stressful time and we couldn’t relax. They went to grandparents as soon as the after party started as I don’t want my children around people drinking/drunk people.

Understand not everyone will have childcare but that’s your problem if you can’t go, you decided to have children - deal with it.

• Heart
Please make sure you let people know ASAP especially if they will have to travel/book accommodation. My husbands cousin told us the date of her wedding so we could book flights. She didn’t bother to mention then that our 2 kids weren’t invited. We had booked flights, holiday time etc around it and then received an invite saying adults only... I don’t mind she only wanted adults at all, but it meant we would be in another country, with our kids, and what would we do with them?! It’s an extreme example I guess, but just something to bear in mind.

Please make sure you let people know ASAP especially if they will have to travel/book accommodation. My husbands cousin told us the date of her wedding so we could book flights. She didn’t bother to mention then that our 2 kids weren’t invited. We had booked flights, holiday time etc around it and then received an invite saying adults only... I don’t mind she only wanted adults at all, but it meant we would be in another country, with our kids, and what would we do with them?! It’s an extreme example I guess, but just something to bear in mind.
I think you have a good right to be a bit annoyed about that mind! 😂

That is unfortunate, but surely you'd check before booking flights for the whole family?