Adult braces - 6 month smile

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had braces fitted as an adult? I get mine next Monday & i’m so scared! I’ve gone for the 6 month smile option - a clear fixed braced. I can’t be trusted to have Invisalign, I know I wouldn’t wear them! Just wondered if anyone could share their experience x

Reactions: 1
I had braces on and off for WAY too many. I started out with Invisalign which moved a lot of teeth into sorta the right places but did not work at all despite me wearing them the right amount etc. My ortho left me with no bite at all and his solution was to grind the teeth into place. Needless to say I was outta there asap. I then moved on to traditional metal braces where a wonderful orthodontist saved me and got my teeth into perfect alignment. I am so, so happy I did it even though it took so long. Worth all the pain and hassle for sure. I should have just gone with metal in the first place. Just make sure you keep your teeth clean as that makes all the difference. Good luck!

My mum had the 6 month smile braces! Her teeth were really crooked and they look incredible now. They filed her teeth down after and she got a light veneer put on them.

I had the ICE ceramic braces which they market as 'clear' but if you were close to me you could see them. I got them at age 23 and had them for 9 months - best money I ever spent. I do need to wear a plastic retainer at night, I do it every other night and you really do need to wear and replace it for the rest of your life. If you think that will be a problem ask for a fixed retainer on the back of your teeth at the end of your treatment. Good luck - it will all be worth it!

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had braces fitted as an adult? I get mine next Monday & i’m so scared! I’ve gone for the 6 month smile option - a clear fixed braced. I can’t be trusted to have Invisalign, I know I wouldn’t wear them! Just wondered if anyone could share their experience x
Hi there, how are the braces going?

I had the 6 month smile. It was probably my dentist but I don't recommend it...

My retainer took a long time to come through and waiting for it moved my teeth so the retainer didnt fit. Then had to wait even longer to get a new one made. I have had numerous retainers break on me so my problem teeth have really moved back :( Not as bad as they first was, but still!! Gutted.

I had the 6 month smile. It was probably my dentist but I don't recommend it...

My retainer took a long time to come through and waiting for it moved my teeth so the retainer didnt fit. Then had to wait even longer to get a new one made. I have had numerous retainers break on me so my problem teeth have really moved back :( Not as bad as they first was, but still!! Gutted.
my dentist is going to fit a wire to the back of my teeth at the end so the teeth won’t be able to move, I also have to wear the retainer for a year x

my dentist is going to fit a wire to the back of my teeth at the end so the teeth won’t be able to move, I also have to wear the retainer for a year x
I have that too! :) It does work, although it is only behind my top 4 teeth, and my problem tooth is next to that. I think it was just my dentist tbh haha. Wish you all the luck for yours :) p.s. top tip, don't eat curry!!!!!

I had it last year and regret not having it done sooner. I have a permanent retainer fitted behind and removable one for bed although don't need to wear it every night I try too

Can I ask how much it was? I had braces years and years ago but never wear the retainers 🙄 so my top 4 front teeth are crooked, so I would love something like this! X

Can I ask how much it was? I had braces years and years ago but never wear the retainers 🙄 so my top 4 front teeth are crooked, so I would love something like this! X
Mine was £1800 for the top teeth x

I had it last year and regret not having it done sooner. I have a permanent retainer fitted behind and removable one for bed although don't need to wear it every night I try too
I’ve got the fixed retainer. Feels so weird!

I had mine done in 2018, best decision I’d made! I had mine done on finance (£100 a month for 2 years), I had top & bottom braces and whitening done once the brace was off. I have a permanent retainer behind my teeth, so my teeth wont move back to how they were.
having them tightened was painful, so paracetamols before the appointment!

I paid £2500 for adult braces in 2018, my dentist didnt think the 6 month smile would work for me. I had metal braces top and bottom for 10months and expander for 4 months. I had perm retainer placed on top and bottom. Best decision i ever made

I'm 4 weeks into my 6 month smile journey, just getting my top teeth done and I'm £900 for this. Can already see some movement but they are bloody sore for the 1st week and just had them tightened so a weekend of pain