Acrylic Nails Starter Kit For A Beginner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey I’m just wondering if anybody on here can give me any tips advice on where to start with acrylic nails? Products etc and what all I need. I have a 15 month old daughter and once she starts pre school I plan on looking into a course to do so I can potentially start my own business from home eventually, means I can also work my hours around her. Thank you for any of your tips/advice!

Reactions: 1
Hey I’m just wondering if anybody on here can give me any tips advice on where to start with acrylic nails? Products etc and what all I need. I have a 15 month old daughter and once she starts pre school I plan on looking into a course to do so I can potentially start my own business from home eventually, means I can also work my hours around her. Thank you for any of your tips/advice!
Cannot recommend glitterbelles enough tad expensive but worth it in long run

Reactions: 2
Alot of trainers will provide you with a starter kit.
I trained with CND and it was very good but one of the most expensive. But you are buying the brand.

My advise is to train in natural/gel nails first with basic but 'on trend' nail art.

Buy core colours from a reputable brand. Preferably those who supply to pros only. There's alot of different brands out there. Don't buy BlueSky or rubbish from eBay, both from a business POV and for health reasons (the smell alone is enough to wonder what goes in that tit, alot of nail techs have had issues with allergies by using these products).

Acrylic nails are quite difficult and requires ALOT of practice and patience, so if you don't have a big enough client base, then it's incredibly hard to build up that speed (so to speak).

I'd say build up confidence with getting the basics and doing gel nails...and when you have a client base, I would train to do acrylics.

I gave it up and went back to my day job. It is hard and you HAVE to have confidence to not only 'charge your worth' and making a profit but also deal with issues when they arise.

Alternatively, you could perhaps look into an apprenticeship with a salon.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Alot of trainers will provide you with a starter kit.
I trained with CND and it was very good but one of the most expensive. But you are buying the brand.

My advise is to train in natural/gel nails first with basic but 'on trend' nail art.

Buy core colours from a reputable brand. Preferably those who supply to pros only. There's alot of different brands out there. Don't buy BlueSky or rubbish from eBay, both from a business POV and for health reasons (the smell alone is enough to wonder what goes in that tit, alot of nail techs have had issues with allergies by using these products).

Acrylic nails are quite difficult and requires ALOT of practice and patience, so if you don't have a big enough client base, then it's incredibly hard to build up that speed (so to speak).

I'd say build up confidence with getting the basics and doing gel nails...and when you have a client base, I would train to do acrylics.

I gave it up and went back to my day job. It is hard and you HAVE to have confidence to not only 'charge your worth' and making a profit but also deal with issues when they arise.

Alternatively, you could perhaps look into an apprenticeship with a salon.
Thank you for your reply and advice. I’m starting a gel nail course in October. Im a SAHM and have a 1 year old so once I’m qualified I’ll have limited availability due to limited childcare so it would only be maybe 2 evenings a week for a few hrs and a Saturday morning until she starts nursery 2 days a week, so I’d be happy enough if I had 3/4 clients a week. Once my daughter starts school I can do a few extra hrs but up until then it’s just really for a few extra pound in my pocket as I’m a SAHM. Majority of people work 9-5 Monday to Friday so I feel like you’d maybe have more people looking evening appointments or Saturdays.

Follow kirsty meakin on youtube and watch all her old naio nails videos!! Amazing woman and explains everything clearly and simply.

Also avoid wowbao. The customer service is absolutely shocking.
Another vote for glitterbels acrylic products here 💝

Reactions: 2
Another vote for Glitterbells, I’ve done the fast track course online worked around me courses to suit everyone and the kit covers everything.

Reactions: 1