Accident/injury at work

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had successful payouts or claims from a work injury.
Basically my husband had an accident at work and we were thinking of putting in a no win no fee. Not sure how successful these are and was wondering if anyone had done this if they could share theirs experiences.

My hubby successfully put in a claim for a work injury hes a trucker and it was on the road so probably very different to your husbands accident but here our experience
he went with a no win no fee claim it took months and months to finalise he had to submit a lot of evidence loads of forms to fill in had to go and have an assessment by a doctor they provided and had to fill in an update form every few weeks on progress of his injuries any medication he was taking and any further treatments he would need like physio etc
He did win and the other company admitted responsibility but it was all caught on dash cam so there was hard evidence
After they took out their fee he came away with just over £300.00
If you have evidence of the accident and are happy for it to take months to process go for it, like I said there's alot of form filling to go through but it was all fairly straightforward all online forms etc hope that's some help 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My hubby successfully put in a claim for a work injury hes a trucker and it was on the road so probably very different to your husbands accident but here our experience
he went with a no win no fee claim it took months and months to finalise he had to submit a lot of evidence loads of forms to fill in had to go and have an assessment by a doctor they provided and had to fill in an update form every few weeks on progress of his injuries any medication he was taking and any further treatments he would need like physio etc
He did win and the other company admitted responsibility but it was all caught on dash cam so there was hard evidence
After they took out their fee he came away with just over £300.00
If you have evidence of the accident and are happy for it to take months to process go for it, like I said there's alot of form filling to go through but it was all fairly straightforward all online forms etc hope that's some help 😊
Thank you for sharing. Do you mind me asking how bad his injury was? I keep seeing broken ones and things reach up to tens of thousands. I’m dreaming I know. lol 😀
---
What industry?

Brief outline of accident?
Construction, soft tissue, ligament and tendon damage, 2 months off work so far. Still on office duties but usually in the underground. Two big lacerations, tonnes of stitches. Ongoing physio.

Thank you for sharing. Do you mind me asking how bad his injury was? I keep seeing broken ones and things reach up to tens of thousands. I’m dreaming I know. lol 😀
---

Construction, soft tissue, ligament and tendon damage, 2 months off work so far. Still on office duties but usually in the underground. Two big lacerations, tonnes of stitches. Ongoing physio.
He had whip lash and some tendon damage luckily no lasting damage

at first the doctor thought he could have a shoulder injury which if it turned out it was he would of needed surgery and he was told by the doctor it would have run in to tens of thousands as it would be a long recovery job but it turns out after physio it wasn't as bad as the doctor first thought no surgery required

it's easy to get your hopes up compo wise when you read stories but in reality it would have to be pretty bad to reach those amounts obviously not wishing your husband ill health hope that makes sense at the very least you could claim back loss of earnings but after they have taken their percentage it wouldn't leave a vast amount unfortunately, but if he couldn't return to his normal job due to the injury then I imagine you could claim a fair amount

Reactions: 1
Construction always harder to claim for.

What actually happened? Were RAMS in place? Did he follow RAMS?