Abroad holidays with children

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello tattlers 👋🏻
We’re the parents who have yet to take their children on a plane, mainly because i don’t like children on a plane 🤣 but we’re at the point now where it’s probably considered cruel and unworldly.
does anyone have any recommendations for a family of 5 (teenager and 2 primary school) near a beach, maybe a kids club if it’s decent? All the worry with TUI and Thomas cook I was wondering what places can be trusted to book through.

thanks in advance for helping me through my January blues 😂

I love jet2holidays for package holidays they are very reliable we’ve flew with them a lot and they are great never been delayed with them either! I think Vilamoura is lovely for a family holiday it’s not too long a flight and the beaches are perfect. There’s also a short transfer time from faro airport. I stayed at the Crowne plaza in October there and it was a great location direct access to the beach and close to the marina.

My kids have flew loads of times and tbh they’ve always been really well behaved even when they were toddlers I think they find it that exciting being on a plane and by the time they get their snack and drink and play with activities it’s nearly time to land providing you aren’t on a long haul flight 😂 usually we bring a mix of books to draw, iPad with over the ears headphones, and a game or toy but not anything with small pieces or wheels incase they drop it and it rolls into someone else 😂. Also bring chewy sweets to help popping ears!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hello tattlers 👋🏻
We’re the parents who have yet to take their children on a plane, mainly because i don’t like children on a plane 🤣 but we’re at the point now where it’s probably considered cruel and unworldly.
does anyone have any recommendations for a family of 5 (teenager and 2 primary school) near a beach, maybe a kids club if it’s decent? All the worry with TUI and Thomas cook I was wondering what places can be trusted to book through.

thanks in advance for helping me through my January blues 😂
Given the ages of your kids, why not go somewhere that's a city but with a beach within easy reach? Valencia is lovely but maybe if they're doing French in school then somewhere in the south of France? If they haven't been abroad before then there's something amazing about realising that what you're learning in school isn't a complete waste of time and is actually really helpful.

Reactions: 2