A furlough leave

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband's on it from Monday and we're trying to see the positives. The alternative could well have been redundancy so 80% pay is pretty decent in comparison. We're saving money from not eating out, commuting to work, paying nursery fees etc anyway. He's taking the opportunity to sign up for the NHS volunteer programme and complete a work-related course he's been thinking about doing for a while.

I appreciate that everyone's circumstances and financial situation are different, and I'm not gonna lie, it does worry me what all this means in the long term, but trying to look on the positives. Absolutely nothing we can do to change the situation so need to try and make the best of it x

Reactions: 3
My husband's on it from Monday and we're trying to see the positives. The alternative could well have been redundancy so 80% pay is pretty decent in comparison. We're saving money from not eating out, commuting to work, paying nursery fees etc anyway. He's taking the opportunity to sign up for the NHS volunteer programme and complete a work-related course he's been thinking about doing for a while.

I appreciate that everyone's circumstances and financial situation are different, and I'm not gonna lie, it does worry me what all this means in the long term, but trying to look on the positives. Absolutely nothing we can do to change the situation so need to try and make the best of it x
If I was to be furloughed, I would get less than 80% of my salary. It's a big pay cut. I'm pretty much stuck at home as my driving licence has expired and I can't apply online 😭

Yes, I'm saving on parking, commute and some meals out, but it's still less than the pay cut.

I know it could be worse and it hasn't happened yet, but I'm so tired of the bloody covid.

• Sad
Reactions: 1