8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Soo not seen this family in the threads who watches? What are YOUR thoughts on them? Personally I think they're okay, slightly annoying and I think Evie needs to not be so much punished but taught good behaviour and not to be cuddled when she does wrong. Their videos also seem pretty scripted too, not sure if that's a pattern on youtube these days as it seems to be a lot of vloggers doing them kind of videos now a days.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I watch them with my kids. They don’t annoy me as much as other family vloggers. Evie I think is a typical child who has only known her life through you tube. She is bratty and bad behaved. Very much like Isla ingham imo. It is very scripted

• Heart
Reactions: 2
They certainly don’t annoy me as much as others, I thought they didn’t seem too fake. Ruby has shared things on stories, like the kids acting up driving her wild, when she’s in pjs at lunch time with no make up on, etc, which I quite like as it’s just more real and not as polished. If that makes sense!

I also like that for Christmas they don’t spoil them, they get a handful of gifts and they all seem really grateful and actually use the gifts.

I’m not LDS but some of their temple pictures are just gorgeous :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don’t know if anyone reads this thread anymore, but personally i do believe they are good you tubers however i also do believe they carry very traditional outdated believes that I’m my opinion, are completely unacceptable in todays society. Boys do fishing and the hard work and girls make their hair look pretty and cook. It really does irritate me. Chad can go fishing with dad but nope lets not offer or suggest the girls go if they wanted to. They go round their grandparents hue and the boys do work and the girls watch tv. Again, i find this very vey unacceptable in this day and age. Also in their video today, the amount of plastic packaging is insane. When i say EVERYTHING is in single use plastic i mean it. Some things i understand because if there is no alternative option, fair enough but it is completely unnecessary for everything to be individually wrapped, smoothies in single use bottles now that is something that os wrong, lazy and we cannot afford to not even care or take no notice of it. Again, do enjoy their videos just some things i find unacceptable

Reactions: 4
Don’t know if anyone reads this thread anymore, but personally i do believe they are good you tubers however i also do believe they carry very traditional outdated believes that I’m my opinion, are completely unacceptable in todays society. Boys do fishing and the hard work and girls make their hair look pretty and cook. It really does irritate me. Chad can go fishing with dad but nope lets not offer or suggest the girls go if they wanted to. They go round their grandparents hue and the boys do work and the girls watch tv. Again, i find this very vey unacceptable in this day and age. Also in their video today, the amount of plastic packaging is insane. When i say EVERYTHING is in single use plastic i mean it. Some things i understand because if there is no alternative option, fair enough but it is completely unnecessary for everything to be individually wrapped, smoothies in single use bottles now that is something that os wrong, lazy and we cannot afford to not even care or take no notice of it. Again, do enjoy their videos just some things i find unacceptable
I really like these but I think their views come from religion. Same as with sending Chad away.
I agree about the packaging thing, I thought maybe it’s different in the US. All seams quite unhealthy too?

They have never really said what chad did to be sent away. Is it just for the summer?
There was a programme about this a while back.
It can be 6 weeks or 6 months, it all depends on how the kid gets on and progresses.

I didn't like the shaving vidoeo with the two girls. I don't know I just think the girls have no privacy :(

Reactions: 3
Completely agree. I like the family at surface level but their religion has caused them to stick with absolutely awful, misogynistic gender roles. Plus, despite what they may try and say to cover themselves, they are homophobic.

Completely agree. I like the family at surface level but their religion has caused them to stick with absolutely awful, misogynistic gender roles. Plus, despite what they may try and say to cover themselves, they are homophobic.
I am wondering if this is why chad has gone away? Because of his sexuality

I am wondering if this is why chad has gone away? Because of his sexuality
I wouldn’t put it past them. Although they seem all loving and accepting on the outside, if you are a Mormon then you believe homosexuality is a sin and must be eradicated, simple as that. Their church is massively homophobic as well as misogynistic, not to mention the fact it only accepted black people in 1978. Two very different sides to this family ...

I wouldn’t put it past them. Although they seem all loving and accepting on the outside, if you are a Mormon then you believe homosexuality is a sin and must be eradicated, simple as that. Their church is massively homophobic as well as misogynistic, not to mention the fact it only accepted black people in 1978. Two very different sides to this family ...
I think they genuinely love and care for the kids, but you are right about the mormon church.
They said Chad wanted to go away too, so could be that he felt the shame of it too from the church and god.

I still really like them though.

I think they genuinely love and care for the kids, but you are right about the mormon church.
They said Chad wanted to go away too, so could be that he felt the shame of it too from the church and god.

I still really like them though.
I know how you feel, I’m always conflicted when I watch because I genuinely enjoy the videos and do think they love their kids etc. But in the back of my mind all I can think about is the hatred and cruelty of their church.

Sending Chad away did seem a bit extreme to me, he doesn't seem like a particularly badly behaved child, I imagine most the children going to this camp/programme may come from tougher backgrounds and have worse behavioural problems. From what I've seen he seems like a normal teenager, maybe going through a bit of a phase with his behaviour like many his age do. But then we only see what they choose to show and from the updates it does like like its doing some good

Bit late but about the homophobic thing, there was a video that has since been deleted of them going to support chick fi la when it came out they were against gay marriage and funded anti gay organisations. In the video ruby is boasting about the amount of people there and says “ we’re supporting marriage between man and woman” here’s a link that was uploaded by a channel after they deleted the original video.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
it really is concerning if Chad's sexuality was the reason for him being sent away, this will not stop any feelings he may have and in a few years he may come to really resent his parents for doing this to him, just accept your son for what he is, be proud and support whatever your child decides to do. Really hope I am wrong and this is not that reason he was sent. :cry:

I don’t think chad is gay or part of lgbtq+ I think it’s was just grades and bad behaviour at school him and his friends did some of prank on their teacher and got expelled for it

Slightly off topic, but another family I can't stand.
8 passengers? Yes they really annoy me too. Sent their 14 year old son to a wilderness camp for troubled youths when the boy does not seem too badly behaved. My 15 year old daughter thinks it is because he is gay and they wanted to ‘fix him’. Also recently they made there 6 year old girl cut her hair so it was short and she could wash it herself. The mum in this family really annoys me, I could go on and on

Reactions: 9
8 passengers? Yes they really annoy me too. Sent their 14 year old son to a wilderness camp for troubled youths when the boy does not seem too badly behaved. My 15 year old daughter thinks it is because he is gay and they wanted to ‘fix him’. Also recently they made there 6 year old girl cut her hair so it was short and she could wash it herself. The mum in this family really annoys me, I could go on and on
Exactly, when the youngest was younger, they were forever loosing her in shops etc, she has to be one of the laziest mother's going, the kids do their own washing, I thought the whole wilderness thing was because girls were liking him too much on social media, but wouldn't surprise me the whole fix him thing.

Reactions: 7