3 things that made you smile today

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The police in this country makes me laugh sometimes.

There was this woman walking down the street who was trying to open her M&S sandwich when two seagulls attacked her and stole her sandwich away from her. There were two Gardaí cycling behind her who then raced to help her against the seagulls. They chased the seagulls on their bikes until they dropped the sandwich (which was still packaged). The culprits (seagulls) were then shamelessly just standing there starring at the lady and the Gardaí. Meanwhile, the sandwich was sitting on the ground, right in the middle of all them.

I thought it was absolutely hilarious (the scene was far more hilarious than my depiction above). There was so much anti-social behavior in Dublin during the last lockdown, yet those actually getting caught by the Gardaí are the poor hungry seagulls. Hilarious. Wish I had filmed the scene!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I finished my winter baskets.

Sorted and gave away a huge bag of boots and shoes that I had to have and yet never wore

My grandchildren will be here in a while for a sleepover

Reactions: 2
1) I finally remembered to use the oil diffuser on my desk 6 months after being at work following a year’s furlough. I forgot how much I love it being on.

2) I squeezed in a nap this afternoon.

3) Spoke to staff at my son’s nursery for an update and saw his new room - he’s settled so well and is coming on great. I’m so proud of him!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've got two really good friends who always talk things through with me when I have problems

My Mum made me another packed lunch for work and put a jam donut and a slice of tray bake in 😂

I've lost 3lbs

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My son has made me smile lots today.

He said he’s joined the chess club at school and told his friend, “you may as well give it a go and see if you enjoy it” ☺

He’s been really good with his school reading at the moment. Showing loads of interest and reading every night 📚

I said aloud that I’d like to go on a cruise and he said, “Really?! Have you even seen Titanic?!” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All baby related 😅

babies new word - duck

baby been in a dead playful mood kept laughing all day

when I played the weeknd on my Alexa while I got ready the baby was jumping on the bed and dancing, made me laugh

• Heart
1. I ate Scampi Fries. I live abroad and don’t get to have them often. Delish!
2. I saw a cheeky red squirrel bury a nut in my back garden. Sooooo cute!
3. I bought my best friend’s Christmas gift, I’m proud that I’ve started my Christmas shopping early for once!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a phone call with my Breast Cancer Surgeon as they are not doing hospital appointments and asked if everything was fine for 2 years after my op and it was ,,,,, NHS in Wales have been brilliant
He said he would arrange a mammogram in a couple of weeks or so and a bone scan soon.
Hubby bought me a bottle of bubbles🍾🍾🍾

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
1. Chuffed with my new internet supplier. Contract was up so I found a deal where it was the same price with higher speeds. Had no buffering so far and websites load really fast. The connection is much more reliable, didn’t realise the difference would be so great!

2. Boring one but I finally got around to switching to a new phone network with a better sim only plan. My contract ran out a while ago so I just went onto a rolling contract but was paying way too much for not a lot of data. Now I’m paying basically half the amount with more than double the data, love it when I can reduce my bills like this. Wish I’d done it sooner.

3. Didn’t let my anxiety win and attended a social event that I’ve been worrying about for a while this weekend. I ended up having a really good time and I’m really glad I held it together and didn’t make an excuse not to go. I’m often quite lenient with myself and I do allow myself not to go to things if I really think I can’t deal with it, but at the same time that doesn’t always make me feel better in the long run. I don’t want to get into the habit of chickening out of everything because of bloody anxiety, it’s no way to live life.

• Heart
Yesterday

1. we’ve made good progress on the house
2. I saw a lady walking some dogs, she had 6 sausage dogs which were very cute
3. My little cousin always sends me voice notes off his Mums phone and he sent one saying “I love you the mostest ever”

• Heart
Was told that I could be paid for the extra hours I’d worked recently, rather than have them as TOIL, so be nice to see a bit extra in my pay next month.

Had some clothes parcels delivered which included some nice new A/W clothes 🍁❄

Had 30 mins playing a game with the kids this evening and everyone was laughing their heads off 🥰

late, but for yesterday:
Had the afternoon off and was able to sit in the beautiful sunshine
Finished my first week at a new job which went well
got some yummy strawberries reduced in the supermarket, making the most of the last of the summer fruit

• Heart
My son can count to 10 and is dead pleased with himself when ever he does it

how happy my son was when I gave him his new Thomas & friends book

my boyfriend drunk texting me whilst he’s out telling me he loves me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My son was back to feeling himself after a week of being really poorly with a nasty bug.

I’m gripped by the book I’m currently reading - Stolen by Tess Stimson - and keep trying to grab a few minutes here and there to keep reading.

Took my son out for the first time in a week today for some fresh air and he took his big bike out instead of his balance one and he was awesome on it! I was so proud.

• Heart
My daughter told me I’m her best friend ever 🥲

I really enjoyed my dinner (Mac n cheese & chicken but was really tasty)

I finally got confirmation I’ll be getting a refund for product I didn’t receive after a month of back and forth 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
1. Wensleydale cheese on crackers
2. My toddler in my arms (poorly boy)
3. An evening of relaxing make up videos

• Heart
My period came!! the reason it’s made me smil is because my periods are finally regular. I’ve had irregular periods for as long as I can remember but the last 6 months they’ve came at the same time and I feel so good about that I’ve had a lot of work to get to this point! & it’s an excuse to eat chocolate 🤪

the rain made me smile today because both my children were napping (rare occasion) and it was so therapeutic to sit in peace and hear the beating of the rain against the windows while all snuggly on the sofa

my youngest has been asking for kisses and hugs alllll day and it makes me so happy he’s such an affectionate little boy 😍

• Heart
Boyfriend was off work so we finally got to spend some time together

baby making us laugh

cleaned the entire flat and just felt a nice satisfied feeling with it 🤣

• Heart
My son singing and playing the guitar to me pretending he’s on Britain’s Got Talent 😂
Binge watching Cruel Summer, loved it
Kids doing their homework without arguing

Reactions: 2
The couple who passed us on the motorway today. With a donkey on their back seat. 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.