Mini break recommendations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dublin is great - so much to see and do with lots of history. Small enough to walk everywhere (just!) but large enough to have plenty of sights. Lots of museums, churches and cracking bars. Airport is just north of the city with plenty of good buses.
If you wanted to stay in the UK Bath is beautiful with lots to see and do. The actual Roman Baths themselves are fascinating.

Reactions: 2
Thank you everyone. I’ve been to quite a few European cities but not Krakow, Berlin (on my list for ages) or Prague so I’m looking at those. I’m going to Seville and Amsterdam later in the year so one of these would be quite different I imagine.

Reactions: 1
Hi

This is SO off topic - hope it's OK! Looking for mini break recommendations for my OH and I please? Either this country (UK) or European cities please. Probably only going for a couple of nights - we love eating, drinking, wandering, people watching, the odd museum, a good church (bloody love a church!), bit of history and not too extortionate in price. TIA.
Edinburgh
Dublin
Brighton
Cambridge

Hi

This is SO off topic - hope it's OK! Looking for mini break recommendations for my OH and I please? Either this country (UK) or European cities please. Probably only going for a couple of nights - we love eating, drinking, wandering, people watching, the odd museum, a good church (bloody love a church!), bit of history and not too extortionate in price. TIA.
If you love a church, Rome might be the one for you with 900+ churches - some really beautiful ones too. It ticks everything else on your list as well (it can be expensive though - I always find a holiday home like AirBnB or something similar to be better value than a hotel).

I love mini breaks. I loved Edinburgh, but Europe wise Budapest, Prague, Berlin and Vienna are great. I loved Barcelona and Reykjavik. And Brugge! And Dublin!

I found Oslo and Stockholm a bit disappointing.

We're going to Berlin again. And Amsterdam. Never been to Paris, Rome, Madrid or Lisbon.

Has anyone been to Copenhagen?

I love mini breaks. I loved Edinburgh, but Europe wise Budapest, Prague, Berlin and Vienna are great. I loved Barcelona and Reykjavik. And Brugge! And Dublin!

Not been to Copenhagen but would appreciate any Dublin recommendations you’ve got please?! I’m going soon and only have two full days there so want to make sure we don’t miss the best bits.

Not been to Copenhagen but would appreciate any Dublin recommendations you’ve got please?! I’m going soon and only have two full days there so want to make sure we don’t miss the best bits.
I will come back with more specific recommendations but my only one now is an annoyingly vague 'just wander' and see where it takes you. We go quite a lot and love 'Cafe En Seine' which is a sort of crazy huge rococco bar stuffed with antiques and open fires and is always buzzy and interesting.
What sort of thing are you interested in? The National Art gallery is always good with a nice cafe (with wine).
It seriously is the best city to just plunge in and enjoy.

Krakow is lovely but Gdańsk is much prettier and imo the better of the 2. Beautiful city centre to walk around, stunning church and the WW2 is the best museum I’ve visited.

I will come back with more specific recommendations but my only one now is an annoyingly vague 'just wander' and see where it takes you. We go quite a lot and love 'Cafe En Seine' which is a sort of crazy huge rococco bar stuffed with antiques and open fires and is always buzzy and interesting.
What sort of thing are you interested in? The National Art gallery is always good with a nice cafe (with wine).
It seriously is the best city to just plunge in and enjoy.
Thanks, that place looks nice 😃 ‘Just wandering’ is fine with me. We’re going to do a hop-on, hop-off bus tour on the first morning just to get our bearings and see some of the main things. We’re pretty relaxed when it comes to things we like - galleries, museums, architecture, restaurants, bars, shops etc. The only thing we won’t be doing is clubbing - I think we’ll be asleep by 10pm every night!

We're going to Berlin again. And Amsterdam. Never been to Paris, Rome, Madrid or Lisbon.

Been to Copenhagen a couple of years ago, loved it. We went for 4 days, wish we had booked for longer. Would love to go back

oh nooo were going to Oslo next week. Why disappointing?

for me Rome was my absolute favourite place to visit in Europe. Followed by Amsterdam...

Thanks, that place looks nice 😃 ‘Just wandering’ is fine with me. We’re going to do a hop-on, hop-off bus tour on the first morning just to get our bearings and see some of the main things. We’re pretty relaxed when it comes to things we like - galleries, museums, architecture, restaurants, bars, shops etc. The only thing we won’t be doing is clubbing - I think we’ll be asleep by 10pm every night!
oh nooo were going to Oslo next week. Why disappointing?

for me Rome was my absolute favourite place to visit in Europe. Followed by Amsterdam...
We went for 4 days, but a day was enough. We stayed with my friends so that kept us busy, but it didn't feel like there was a lot to do /see