Mini break recommendations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Biggish birthday next year and would like to go away for a few days with my husband. Have narrowed it down to these 3 cities. Has anyone been? Any tips?

Planning on a relaxed weekend, sightseeing, eating and sleeping.

We went to Rome and loved it. We went at the end of March and it wasn't too warm or busy. So much to see and amazing food.

Reactions: 1
We did Rome. Really stunning and amazing food and wine. Have also down Dubrovnik, extremely busy and didn’t find it as nice as Rome.

We did Rome this year . we've been a few times as OH is half Italian but 1st visit as a family in April which was busy as it was week after easter so maybe avoid this time. its a beautiful city with so much to do .
, amazing food and most of it is accessible on foot . Taxis are pretty reasonable and even though its a capital city if you eat pasta or pizzas its reasonably cheap. we ate in our hotel restaurant night 1st night meal for 4 with wine was less than 80 euro which i didnt think was too horrific.
if you want to see some of the major attractions book tickets before you visit...
its still warm into october there but avoid summer months as its unbearably hot !

I know you narrowed it down to 3, but if you haven’t considered it I’d totally recommend Budapest. Soo underrated and really really cheap.

Reactions: 2
I know you narrowed it down to 3, but if you haven’t considered it I’d totally recommend Budapest. Soo underrated and really really cheap.
I have heard Budapest is beautiful. Maybe I should add it to the list 🙈

We'd be looking at going in September.

Dubrovnik is amazing! First holiday away with my husband (then boyfriend) about 6 years ago! We flew business class and stayed in a 4 star hotel (we didnt live together, both worked full time) Now..we have a mortgage, a one year old, I only work part time and we are very excited for our haven holiday in May!!! Lol. Its a fantastic place, lots to, great scenery, cheap, fantastic restaurants and the old town is amazing with so many fantastic things hidden away!!

I haven't been to Prague but the other two are great and hard to really go wrong. Although seeing as Budapest has been mentioned I'd definitely prefer to go there, especially if it was the winter with all those amazing outdoor hot spas. Although haven't been for almost 10 years and lots now go there for stag/hen weekends so hopefully it's not too trashy now!

If you’re a Game of Thrones fan you can do tours round Dubrovnik where it was filmed. It is a beautiful place but lots of steps!

I know it’s not on your list but do consider Budapest if you haven’t been before. It’s absolutely beautiful, so much to see and do and it’s cheap!!!

I went to Rome in September this year and it was HOT. I'm talking 34 degrees at one point, I was grateful we stayed in a hotel with an outdoor pool.

It was great but if you do the hop-on hop-off bus you will spend most of it in traffic. Just walk everywhere and it's great. The food is good and reasonably priced. Beware of pickpockets though.

Hi!
I visited Dubrovnik in 2018 for a family event in the August. It is a GORGEOUS place.

Although just be aware that the only beach there becomes so packed you cannot really enjoy it (didn’t matter for us as there are loads of cool things to do there and cliff side bars etc). It gets so so busy due to the cruise ships and it’s full of steps like I mean so many steps everywhere - I am that boring I videoed myself walking up some so my mum would believe me! Haha, however I would recommend going as it’s beautiful and you can island hop on a longer holiday.

All 3 totally worth it- I would say Prague is the cheapest and Rome the most expensive, Prague I would recommend doing the Sandemanns free walking tour and then maybe one of their other paid ones: so worth it. Also anonymous bar, and go up any towers you can as the roofs are so pretty. Go up to the castle in golden hour!! And don’t buy the ham in the main town square, the price is per 100g and they’ll force a kg on you

Dubrovnik... maybe the shortest trip of the 3, we did everything we wanted to do (walked all round the walls, went up in the cable car, explored the centre) in 6 hours from a cruise ship. I’m sure you could find more to do but it won’t be as jam packed as the others, again might be what you want.

I won’t bother telling you about Rome, obviously the grandest of the 3, all walkable in the centre. Prebook a tour for the coliseum to jump the queues, we used viator. And like I said it’s the most expensive of the three you mentioned by far

Hi

This is SO off topic - hope it's OK! Looking for mini break recommendations for my OH and I please? Either this country (UK) or European cities please. Probably only going for a couple of nights - we love eating, drinking, wandering, people watching, the odd museum, a good church (bloody love a church!), bit of history and not too extortionate in price. TIA.

Hi

This is SO off topic - hope it's OK! Looking for mini break recommendations for my OH and I please? Either this country (UK) or European cities please. Probably only going for a couple of nights - we love eating, drinking, wandering, people watching, the odd museum, a good church (bloody love a church!), bit of history and not too extortionate in price. TIA.
Krakow in Poland will cover all of those requirements. Easy to get to. Fantastic food. Not overly expensive and the most amazing churches.

Reactions: 4
Krakow in Poland will cover all of those requirements. Easy to get to. Fantastic food. Not overly expensive and the most amazing churches.
I was about to say Kraków as soon as I saw this thread. It’s an amazing weekend away would deffo recommend

Hi

We went to Berlin in the summer and really enjoyed it. Lovely people, good food, shopping, sightseeing and drinking. It didn't feel like an expensive city.

Have been to Budapest, Krakow and Prague and would recommend all 3, cheap food, cheap wine and lots to do and see.

Been to Berlin, Budapest, Paris, Rome, Krakow, Reykjavik and Copehagen. Budapest is beautiful and we had loads to do, cheap also. Rome is also beautiful and loads to do but expensive x