2020 Brides & Corona, the hiccup we didn't plan for....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey - any other 2020 brides out there? I'm a September Cyprus bride and I'm freaking out... I know, I know, people are vulnerable and at risk of dying but my anxious (selfish) brain can't stop me thinking through different scenarios.

We've got 30 guests traveling out to join us, 2 from New Zealand, 1 from the states - my worries are 1, That it'll be canceled 2, that it won't be canceled but that Cyprus will have taken such a hit that the resort won't be up and running/fully operating and 3, that my 82-year-old grandad won't be safe to travel.

Anyone else there in a similar boat?

Not a bride but a guest at an overseas wedding to a close family member. Just been told this morning it has been cancelled.

I feel for you, I really do. Have you insurance? Xx

Reactions: 3
We have insurance, and can also cancel up to 70 days before and would only lose the deposit.

It's just the uncertainty that's doing me in. It doesn't feel like this will ever blow over

Reactions: 5
I’m getting married in the UK in 33 days , stupidly forgot insurance. I’ve had a rough few years and the wedding is what kept me going - if it’s cancelled I’ll be heartbroken. I’m in at the risk category but selfishly I just want to be married .

• Sad
Yep 🙋🏼‍♀️ Due to get married here in the U.K. in June. We have no wedding insurance and have no travel insurance (I know, I know) for our honeymoon. We only recently booked our flights and hotels (3 locations) at the start of Feb, before this all kicked off here or there was any sight of it doing so. We would have got insurance but we just weren’t quick enough.

With regards to the wedding, I feel better now I’ve spoken with our venue. They’ve said if we get to a lockdown situation, they will do everything possible to work with us to adjust our date. I can only hope everything else we have booked follows suit 🤞🏻 We are all in the same boat after all, it’s not like they can work elsewhere that day and make money? If anyone’s difficult and uses this terrible situation to their advantage then believe me they will suffer my wrath! 😂

With regards to honeymoon, our flights are booked with Virgin who are currently working with dates up until the end of April and offering amendments with no charge. Our hotels have free cancellation up until 3 days before check in.

Sorry, this has turned into a bit of an essay. There’s only so many people you can let off steam to at the moment as everyone understandably has their own worries. Thank you for creating this thread!

No problem - it's difficult to justify stressing about a wedding when there's a risk of people dying but to me, this was supposed to be the exciting countdown!!

My Fiance thinks I'm crazy but I'm already sussing out contingencies and I've worked out when we can cancel and how much everyone could lose for their bookings... it does sound crazy now that I've typed it but it's making me feel better about the whole thing. I just can't see how this all blows over and everything goes back to normal.

Reactions: 3
I know, I’ve expressed my concerns on the main thread and have had no negative comments thankfully... but I do appreciate not everyone will understand our worries.

But you’re right, you wait such a long time for these moments and it’s supposed to be an exciting time! I had a few tears on Thursday night when I was checking where we stood with things. Kind of thought, of all the times this could happen, we’re now due to peak smack bang around our big day! 😭

I have to say, I’ve felt better now having heard from our venue. Every now and then I know I’ll have a blip as it’s the not knowing and no one can really predict what will happen. But we can just take one day at a time can’t we and hope for the best.

Reactions: 4
Our venue keep ignoring our question when we ask what that will do in the event of government lock down. Our wedding insurance won’t cover that scenario. I would happy to move our wedding by a couple of months but the thought of loosing so much money makes me sick!

Our venue keep ignoring our question when we ask what that will do in the event of government lock down. Our wedding insurance won’t cover that scenario. I would happy to move our wedding by a couple of months but the thought of loosing so much money makes me sick!
That’s awful for you when you just want answers! Is there anything useful in your T&C’s?

My wedding is in September too.. we have people travelling from across the country but hoping that’s far enough away that it should still go ahead.

We haven’t booked our honeymoon yet.. we were going to book with Thomas Cook last year, luckily as we both work in banking industry we knew they were going into administration.. now this! It’s as if it’s just not meant to be 😭

Reactions: 1
Not a bride but a bridesmaid!
We are panicking about the hen do as it’s meant to be in Prague in April 😬
I’m regards to the wedding 99% of vendors have confirmed they’ll be there. They’ll need to make money too whilst everyone else is too scared to leave their house!

I’m a bridesmaid for my best friend who is due to be married next week. Currently the vendors and the venue are all saying they’re following government advice and all will go ahead unless told otherwise. She’s so stressed out and can’t enjoy the lead up to the wedding now because it’s all so uncertain. I feel so sorry for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
That’s awful for you when you just want answers! Is there anything useful in your T&C’s?
they have now said as the government have not banned anything then they attend to go ahead as planned. They have said they will let us move our wedding to a later month. We are unsure now if we should postpone the wedding until October or hold out and hope we may be in a better position in June? Unsure what to do and feels like a race against time now to make a decision.

they have now said as the government have not banned anything then they attend to go ahead as planned. They have said they will let us move our wedding to a later month. We are unsure now if we should postpone the wedding until October or hold out and hope we may be in a better position in June? Unsure what to do and feels like a race against time now to make a decision.
I found out today that we can rearrange our April wedding to anytime after July. We were worried that we would have lost £4,000 however our photographer and venue have been great :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I found out today that we can rearrange our April wedding to anytime after July. We were worried that we would have lost £4,000 however our photographer and venue have been great :)
That’s really good news! What month are you now thinking of moving too?

Hopefully November of this year . If that’s not possible we would aim for early next year :)
Brilliant news. I’ve started hearing from our suppliers for our June wedding. So far the message is awareness but business as usual. However my photographer then posted a picture on her insta stories of a couple and saying “can’t believe I now won’t see you in 3 months, instead it’ll be 15!” which means that someone who was due to get married the same time as us has postponed for a year.

Now I’m wondering whether I’m being naive? I’m trying to convince myself that we have some time to decide yet and there could be many, many factors why it’s better for them to postpone theirs...

I was meant to get married at the end of May abroad but we cancelled yesterday. We were only allowed two guests if we did go ahead.

Weve rearranged for sept and I’m hoping it’s calmed down by then. Was meant to honeymoon at Glastonbury but that’s gonna get cancelled too