1to1 diet (Cambridge diet)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone done it or currently on it? I want to lose 2 stone and as much as I eat healthily I just needed some discipline to get me started. I’be just finished day 2. Any tips etc?

Reactions: 3
I did Exante, its a cheaper version of Cambridge, same products but £50 for 50 items (no consulatant) and lost 2 half stone in 12 weeks.. 11 stone to 8.11.
2 years later I am now 10 stone, that is due to lots of all inclusive holidays, eating like a pig etc.. still not regained the full weight back.
I am back on day 1 today 👍 after day 4-5 you honestly feel amazing! Genuinely.
How is your day 3?
Tips are drinking lots (obvs), a cup of oxo in hot water at night, coke zero and distraction.
Keep at it xx

Reactions: 8
I think have chosen this because I feel a weigh in with a consultant puts pressure on me. Which I need. Your old weight loss is pretty much where I am. I’m 10stone 10 and would like to be around 9 stone again.
currently I’m struggling to eat all 3 meals a day as they are swelling in my stomach.
good luck with it too!

I did it back in 2010/11 and lost a lot of weight. I was absolute desperate. Nothing else was working.

I think they've changed all the names now but I wasn't allowed to do Sole Source (the complete meal replacement) for medical reasons. I did the 810 calorie step which was three meal replacements and a small small of protein and salad. I didn't go into ketosis. I did porridge in the morning, shake or soup for lunch and a bar at night. If cravings got too much, I'd have a coffee with lots of sweeteners. Diet Coke was a real treat - maybe one can a week.

Because of the medical issues and medication, which not only causes gain weight but also makes it hard to lose, my weight loss still took 18 months. I stuck to it pretty much rigidly - I still had meals out, weekends away occasionally but I would plan beforehand what I would eat and stuck to it. Then got straight back on plan. I had Christmas Day off but was back on it Boxing Day. That nearly killed me.

But I was very, very determined so found it pretty easy most of the time to be honest. You just learn to live with the hunger! 😂

I haven’t really been hungry. But it’s only been 3 days.. I’m hoping to only do 2/3 months. But I guess we shall see how I get on. I think my main struggle is I hate sweeteners. So been trying to mostly have the savoury bits. The thought of doing it for at least 7 more weeks is not appealing 😂

Reactions: 1
You will probably lose 1 stone in 6 weeks after rehydration. The first 4-5lbs in the first week you unfortunately usually gain back and its water weight that is stored in your carbs deposit. You lose it then gain it back in a day when you finish. I ended the diet at 8.7 but rehydrated at 8.11. That is something to be mindful of x my average loss was 1.5-2lb (after the first week) per week.. it certainly isn't RAPID weight loss for a normal person but at 5foot 3.. 2lb per week is amazing!
Its great that you haven't been hungry. By day 5 hunger completely goes.. its strange! Yeah I'm not a fan of sweeteners either🤢 I only do shakes and bars though.. not a fan of the meals.
One thing to note is that when in ketosis I start to smell like cat wee! Its disgusting! Really horrible smell! Really trying to avoid doing this diet in the summer again!😷

I did it back in 2010/11 and lost a lot of weight. I was absolute desperate. Nothing else was working.

I think they've changed all the names now but I wasn't allowed to do Sole Source (the complete meal replacement) for medical reasons. I did the 810 calorie step which was three meal replacements and a small small of protein and salad. I didn't go into ketosis. I did porridge in the morning, shake or soup for lunch and a bar at night. If cravings got too much, I'd have a coffee with lots of sweeteners. Diet Coke was a real treat - maybe one can a week.

Because of the medical issues and medication, which not only causes gain weight but also makes it hard to lose, my weight loss still took 18 months. I stuck to it pretty much rigidly - I still had meals out, weekends away occasionally but I would plan beforehand what I would eat and stuck to it. Then got straight back on plan. I had Christmas Day off but was back on it Boxing Day. That nearly killed me.

But I was very, very determined so found it pretty easy most of the time to be honest. You just learn to live with the hunger! 😂
Wow I bet that was so disheartening! How amazing that you stuck at it for 18 months!!! Well done! Did you manage to keep the weight off?

Haha I’m the same height as you aswell. How funny. Yeah I’m trying to be realistic and obviously it’s going to be incredibly up and down. I think mostly I just wanted a kick start. To get me going.

Oh god my cats are going to love me🤢

Reactions: 2
Wow I bet that was so disheartening! How amazing that you stuck at it for 18 months!!! Well done! Did you manage to keep the weight off?
No but it was nothing to do with CWP. Complicated medical issues, which flared up again just after I hit target, followed by medical retirement and a severe depression. I barely got out of bed for two years and my weight just kept increasing.

But I am recovering slowly. A very bad UTI kick started weight loss again and have now lost almost four stone over the last couple of years. I know that is painfully slow but it's progress. It's made my life a little bit easier too. I'm just trying to eat sensibly most of the time, no snacking, making better choices but not denying myself anything if I really fancy it - it seems to be working so far. Hoping to reintroduce some very gentle pilates soon 🙂

Reactions: 4
It won't be that bad a bit of (sugar free) lemon juice, the jury is still out whether citric acid affects ketosis. My bars have citric acid in them 🤔 however I do tend to keep away from it to be sure but you might get away with it.
SJ Strum has done some really great videos and recipe ideas if you haven't seen them yet, I really recommend watching them

Also just saw today that the Aldi version of Pepsi Max doesn't have citric acid! 🥳 it tastes so much better than rank Coke Zero imo

It won't be that bad a bit of (sugar free) lemon juice, the jury is still out whether citric acid affects ketosis. My bars have citric acid in them 🤔 however I do tend to keep away from it to be sure but you might get away with it.
SJ Strum has done some really great videos and recipe ideas if you haven't seen them yet, I really recommend watching them

Also just saw today that the Aldi version of Pepsi Max doesn't have citric acid! 🥳 it tastes so much better than rank Coke Zero imo
I’ve been having fresh lemon in my tea. Not thinking.
ooh that’s good to know as I hate Coke Zero!

I did about 5 years ago and it was the best thing I did. My weight was out of control and I lost 6 stones! I have maintained my weight too, apart from pregnancies but I had nothing like 6st to lose.

If I have one advice it is to make sure you drink your water, evenly throughout the day. Oh and also do not rush the refeeding steps as I believe that’s where most dieters stumble.

Good luck to you all 😊

I'm restarting again next week,it really does work and is good as long as you work up the steps, so glad there's a group post in this now 👍

I'm restarting again next week,it really does work and is good as long as you work up the steps, so glad there's a group post in this now 👍
Good luck to you! You can do it! And yes, I found the steps back up harder than the actual diet. I think it may be because I’m impatient 😅

I did about 5 years ago and it was the best thing I did. My weight was out of control and I lost 6 stones! I have maintained my weight too, apart from pregnancies but I had nothing like 6st to lose.

If I have one advice it is to make sure you drink your water, evenly throughout the day. Oh and also do not rush the refeeding steps as I believe that’s where most dieters stumble.

Good luck to you all 😊
That’s music to my ears as today has been the worst day!

Good luck. Let me know how you get on. I think today may have been my hardest day!

That’s music to my ears as today has been the worst day!

Good luck. Let me know how you get on. I think today may have been my hardest day!
You will feel like super women if you battle through it, also don't punish your self to much if you have a slip, my biggest downfall is the guilt and the dissapointnaent in myself this time I want to be diffrent x

You will feel like super women if you battle through it, also don't punish your self to much if you have a slip, my biggest downfall is the guilt and the dissapointnaent in myself this time I want to be diffrent x
Indeed, everyone slips.

I’m on day 3 again , lost 2 stone last year gained 8 In December , so need to lose 2 stone , I really want to poWer through and be at goal by April 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻