1to1 diet (Cambridge diet)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am planning to start this diet in two weeks. Just wondering how any of you got on with it in the end? Any updates? šŸ¤—

I am planning to start this diet in two weeks. Just wondering how any of you got on with it in the end? Any updates? šŸ¤—
I lost nearly a stone, then lockdown happened .. so my weight seems to vary week by week (probably depending on how much gin I have needed they week)
I keep considering starting again but i literally Mentally canā€™t get there. Having said that itā€™s a great diet it will test you and just drink as much water as you can. Do you know which step you are going to do? And if you donā€™t mind me asking know much do you need to lose?

Iā€™ve lost a stone in 4 weeks, Itā€™s really good for quick weight loss

Reactions: 1
I lost nearly a stone, then lockdown happened .. so my weight seems to vary week by week (probably depending on how much gin I have needed they week)
I keep considering starting again but i literally Mentally canā€™t get there. Having said that itā€™s a great diet it will test you and just drink as much water as you can. Do you know which step you are going to do? And if you donā€™t mind me asking know much do you need to lose?
Well done thatā€™s amazing! I guess itā€™s good you havenā€™t put it all back on. Whatā€™s mentally stopping you?

I think step 1 for atleast 8 weeks and then see how I go from there. Iā€™ve lost 20lbs following WW but going back to work Iā€™ve gained 7lbs back. I just need something to push me down to my goal weight and then I think following WW to maintain. Iā€™d like to lose another 3.5 stone ideally but I would be chuffed with 2 stone xx

Well done thatā€™s amazing! I guess itā€™s good you havenā€™t put it all back on. Whatā€™s mentally stopping you?

I think step 1 for atleast 8 weeks and then see how I go from there. Iā€™ve lost 20lbs following WW but going back to work Iā€™ve gained 7lbs back. I just need something to push me down to my goal weight and then I think following WW to maintain. Iā€™d like to lose another 3.5 stone ideally but I would be chuffed with 2 stone xx
That still amazing well done!

I think itā€™s lockdown, I work in hospitality and we arenā€™t opening for at least another month, itā€™s all mentally knocked me, my boyfriend also works abroad so god knows when o will see him again. So as much as I wouldnā€™t say I was eating awfully of anything I canā€™t seem to get fully in the mindset. I think once we can properly see a consultant it will help me. As I get more competitive with myself then.
I did 1a to start with then switched consultants as the other was really pushy and fake, I was told I should never have been put on such a low step for my size so I stick to step 3 now, hasnā€™t seemed to interfere with my loses and Iā€™m a lot less grumpy and miserable when on step 3.

Reading this is super interesting. I am d3sperate to lose weight (about 3 stone) but havenā€™t found anything I can stick to. I love the idea of a consultant, but all of them strange processed food worries me a bit...

anyone know where I can find like a weight loss consultant who will hold me accountable?!

That still amazing well done!

I think itā€™s lockdown, I work in hospitality and we arenā€™t opening for at least another month, itā€™s all mentally knocked me, my boyfriend also works abroad so god knows when o will see him again. So as much as I wouldnā€™t say I was eating awfully of anything I canā€™t seem to get fully in the mindset. I think once we can properly see a consultant it will help me. As I get more competitive with myself then.
I did 1a to start with then switched consultants as the other was really pushy and fake, I was told I should never have been put on such a low step for my size so I stick to step 3 now, hasnā€™t seemed to interfere with my loses and Iā€™m a lot less grumpy and miserable when on step 3.
Ahhhh I totally understand that. I found being at home I ate way less than being back at work. Strange how it goes to show itā€™s all mindset and we all deal with it completely differently!

If you donā€™t mind me asking, does this mean you were too light or too heavy for that step? Itā€™s nice to be aware before I meet up with the consultant! My sister did this for her wedding and lost 110lb so Iā€™m going to the same consultant she used x

Reading this is super interesting. I am d3sperate to lose weight (about 3 stone) but havenā€™t found anything I can stick to. I love the idea of a consultant, but all of them strange processed food worries me a bit...

anyone know where I can find like a weight loss consultant who will hold me accountable?!
I donā€™t know too much about the processed food element but my manager at work is a proper nutritional freak and counts macros all that jazz and he has let his wife do this diet , checked it all over and says it gives you everything you need without additives etc I think itā€™s also recommended by doctors but I may be mistaken ? X

I love Cambridge. I did it a few year ago but my own bad habits resulted in me losing weight but not keeping it off. Lost quite a lot for me in a short time.

Now I am back on but Iā€™m between step 3 and 4 just because my weight loss is so slow and little itā€™s the same as being on step 1 and 2 so rather than be disheartened When Iā€™m not losing a stone a month like others but I know everyone is different.

Canā€™t wait for the ready made chocolate Tetras to be back in stock.

Also itā€™s very encouraging reading the rest of these posts I really want to almost force myself to get into the habit of step 2 just for even a month a full month trial. At the moment with calorie counting more Iā€™m learning how to not binge, Not eat over processed foods and cutting down on crazy portion sizes so hopefully I can get back to a lower step.

Ahhhh I totally understand that. I found being at home I ate way less than being back at work. Strange how it goes to show itā€™s all mindset and we all deal with it completely differently!

If you donā€™t mind me asking, does this mean you were too light or too heavy for that step? Itā€™s nice to be aware before I meet up with the consultant! My sister did this for her wedding and lost 110lb so Iā€™m going to the same consultant she used x

I was too light, so basically without telling me my originally consultant was actually breaking the rules, because my BMI didnā€™t fall into the step 1 bracket, as silly as it sounds itā€™s really important to find a good consultant. They support groups are really good on Facebook by the way, just try not to be disheartened when you donā€™t lose as much as some of the groups, because we all lose at different levels. Itā€™s a great diet, you just have to keep it up after.
If I were you Iā€™d start low then move up to step 2 or 3 because you wonā€™t believe what daft food youā€™ll miss, I just wanted to eat something fresh because it is like eating space food!

I donā€™t know too much about the processed food element but my manager at work is a proper nutritional freak and counts macros all that jazz and he has let his wife do this diet , checked it all over and says it gives you everything you need without additives etc I think itā€™s also recommended by doctors but I may be mistaken ? X

I was too light, so basically without telling me my originally consultant was actually breaking the rules, because my BMI didnā€™t fall into the step 1 bracket, as silly as it sounds itā€™s really important to find a good consultant. They support groups are really good on Facebook by the way, just try not to be disheartened when you donā€™t lose as much as some of the groups, because we all lose at different levels. Itā€™s a great diet, you just have to keep it up after.
If I were you Iā€™d start low then move up to step 2 or 3 because you wonā€™t believe what daft food youā€™ll miss, I just wanted to eat something fresh because it is like eating space food!

I went off for a good while now on week 4 of step 3 although this week Iā€™m going step 2 and losing better on it - I have 22lb to go Iā€™ve kept a stone off but some crept back on . I am aiming to go up the steps and learn to maintain

I've just ordered 2 weeks worth of a similar product. Hoping it comes quick although I'm away this weekend so potentially starting Monday/Tuesday but I've got to do it .... I've done it before successfully but have had a really tough time recently and been comfort eating ... I feel rubbish šŸ˜ž I look rubbish. I know MRP works.

Cant say I'm looking forward to it but I know that if I can get through the first couple of weeks I'll be fine.

Well done everyone who's started recently, who's maintaining or who just needs a well done. It's not easy.

I stopped maybe 5 weeks ago after losing 2 stone in total. Eaten completely normal food since (which for me is five guys and oreos for breakfast šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚) gained 2lbs back. Planning to start again next week as I have nearly 4 weeks of products left where I was only having x2 products a day. 2 more stone to go but I just needed a little break and feel better doing it this way.

Reactions: 3
I stopped maybe 5 weeks ago after losing 2 stone in total. Eaten completely normal food since (which for me is five guys and oreos for breakfast šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚) gained 2lbs back. Planning to start again next week as I have nearly 4 weeks of products left where I was only having x2 products a day. 2 more stone to go but I just needed a little break and feel better doing it this way.
What step did you do ?

What step did you do ?
Im crap with the official names sorry haha. I did the one with sole source, 3x products a day and that was it. I found I didnā€™t even want my 3rd product my the end of the day so towards week 4 I started having 1 product for lunch and then having the M&S (balanced for you) ready meals that are about 400 cals and similar to Cambridge they have the correct amount of protein, carbs etc whereas the ā€œdietā€ ready meals are just low calorie and full of salt. I still lost the same amount by doing this and I felt better for eating ā€œproperā€ food if an evening. I guess no matter what diet you do, itā€™s calorie based so having 600 a day you are sure to lose weight. Although on Cambridge I honestly never felt better (im prone to a dodgy tummy & lightheaded etc) x

Personally I think step 3 is the most beneficial (because you are more likely to stick to it) a 300 calorie meal is very doable. I still lost pretty steadily on 3. And then the odd day Iā€™d do 1a (3 products a day) a Cambridge consultant actually said unless you are very obese 3 is the healthiest step

Reactions: 4
I've been doing Step 2 for the last 5 weeks and have lost 17lb so far... I have 3 products and a small 200 calorie meal.... I've done this type of diet before and lost 7 stone and have the same to lose again after regaining over 15 years !! Actually finding it easier as working from home and not going out..... manage to drink 4 litres of water most days...... I enjoy all the packs..... only a couple flavours I don't enjoy...... I write it all down as it helps me..... get weighed in once a week and my consultant is really good and supportive and sends 'head stuff' to do .... as for me I think that weight loss isn't just eating right food it's understanding why you over eat etc...... it's about changing my relationship with food and not using it as my crutch ..... šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

• Heart
I've been doing Step 2 for the last 5 weeks and have lost 17lb so far... I have 3 products and a small 200 calorie meal.... I've done this type of diet before and lost 7 stone and have the same to lose again after regaining over 15 years !! Actually finding it easier as working from home and not going out..... manage to drink 4 litres of water most days...... I enjoy all the packs..... only a couple flavours I don't enjoy...... I write it all down as it helps me..... get weighed in once a week and my consultant is really good and supportive and sends 'head stuff' to do .... as for me I think that weight loss isn't just eating right food it's understanding why you over eat etc...... it's about changing my relationship with food and not using it as my crutch ..... šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š
When does Your body adjust to all the water Iā€™m forever peeing