1to1 diet (Cambridge diet)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Peppermint tea, oxo cube at night in hot mug of water and coke zero are my treats. They really help me. Also litres and litres of water.
My schedule is breakfast:shake and coffee
Dinner:bar and coffee
Tea:quorn and a bit of veg and a coke
1 hour after tea: shake
8pm-ish: oxo soup drink
10pm-ish: peppermint tea

I'm actually always eating and drinking. Mainly drinking. Rarely feel hungry unlike when I'm on my sugar highs and lows from when I start eating like a pig.

Whoop! Glad theres a few of us!🤗 we can smash this!👊

Wow thats amazing!! 🥳 really good! Especially for your height and weight. Do you feel in ketosis yet?

Reactions: 1
Day 2 here all going well so far been doing my 10000 steps hopefully I can keep it all up x

Day 2 here all going well so far been doing my 10000 steps hopefully I can keep it all up x
It gets easier past day 4/5.. once your body changes from burning calories to burning your own fat supplies. Once your body starts running from your own fat, you have so much energy with no dips. Stick with the hellish first few days💪

I’m considering doing it, but I’m also in a quandary and my private health care has just given me the ok for therapy on binge eating (self referral) and I doubt the therapist would agree it’s a good idea.

I feel so lost about my weight loss, lost 1 stone on SW but I just hate meal planning and deciding what to eat. I’ve put my wedding off for two years already due to my weight gain. I’ve 3/4 stone to lose!

Is exante the same but one you do yourself?

I signed up to Slim Fast yesterday because I could buy it on Amazon, and there is an app where you can track what you have had / eaten etc which is free.

I know the local Cambridge Diet consultant and we don't get on so that rules it out for me or I would give it a go. I have about three stone to lose before my son's wedding later this year so I am hoping this works. I look back at myself in my youngest son's wedding three years ago and I hate myself in the pictures so I am determined to do it this time.

Yes Exante you do yourself. It really is an excellent diet. However, I had faecal impaction over the weekend (TMI), I am more inclined to blame the months of eating like a pig and having just had Christmas, however, until everything is settled down there I have joined WW! As I didn't just want to not try to lose weight just because I'm not on Exante. It seems to be really good so far! Can eat what you want but in moderation. I'm expecting very slow losses and my energy levels aren't as high as Exante. 1 to 1/ Exante are brilliant because you don't have energy spikes and dips and are never hungry. Wish I could eat like that forever. Yes I doubt your therapist would advise Exante or any kind of strict diet though xxx

Reactions: 2
Yes Exante you do yourself. It really is an excellent diet. However, I had faecal impaction over the weekend (TMI), I am more inclined to blame the months of eating like a pig and having just had Christmas, however, until everything is settled down there I have joined WW! As I didn't just want to not try to lose weight just because I'm not on Exante. It seems to be really good so far! Can eat what you want but in moderation. I'm expecting very slow losses and my energy levels aren't as high as Exante. 1 to 1/ Exante are brilliant because you don't have energy spikes and dips and are never hungry. Wish I could eat like that forever. Yes I doubt your therapist would advise Exante or any kind of strict diet though xxx
Thank you for your reply.

I am so torn, do I do 16 weeks of therapy. Or do I give cambridge/Exante one last go first. My OH has been no help, he's very thin and can eat everything.

I did this years ago and lost a LOT of weight, firstly, you can’t knock yourself out of ketosis by eating a bit of pineapple, ketosis is generally obtained by no carbs and staying on or under 2000 calls a day. I know this because I now go into ketosis with food and gym, when I want to lose weight. The issue you’ll have is inconsistency if you eat and stop etc, your body won’t know what you’re doing.

I was on Cambridge for 6 months then went up to step 2 for a further 4 until I stopped, I now have a complete intolerance to wheat and dairy. The dr thinks it’s a direct cause, so if your in it for the long run you must look into this, it’s actually a lot more common than you’d think. They don’t tell you though. Also drink your water. Follow the steps properly and really seek help because they don’t teach you food management and that where people go wrong. If you have a crap consultant which many of us have had, you’re on your own. Join the fb group, it really good. Find a good after plan, like Munro fitness on fb. Really think about the long run, the side effects and how you’ll cope when the structure has gone.

Good luck. X

If you don’t mind me asking, how much do you have to lose?

It’s never as easy as the first time. If you’ve already tried and come off, find a nutritionist, get some personal training and look into ketosis with food. Also a therapist is a great idea. You need to asses your relationship with food.

Sorry I quoted the wrong person.

If you don’t mind me asking, how much do you have to lose?
3-3.5 stone.

It’s never as easy as the first time. If you’ve already tried and come off, find a nutritionist, get some personal training and look into ketosis with food. Also a therapist is a great idea. You need to asses your relationship with food.

Sorry I quoted the wrong person.
I've never actually done a VLCD before, I've done SW and WW.

3-3.5 stone.

I've never actually done a VLCD before, I've done SW and WW.

Oh I see. I think therapy is always good for anything like this. With Cambridge they tell you to aim for 1 stone a month on step 1. I think if you’re doing it more than 2 months you defo should look at alternative first. I’m not bashing Cambridge it works wonders, but there is a huge majority that put it on and or end up in a revolving door.

In fact 3 of my closest friends I met through the Cambridge fb group. Only 1 has been successful in keeping it off, and that’s cause she sacked it off and went to Munro fitness and the rest of us do gym and whatever else. I have a nutritionist and gym, mostly cause a lot of food now makes me boat and come out in eczema.

Depends what your time frame is I suppose? As that’s not a crazy amount to lose.
maybe long term therapy would do you wonders. I’m not entirely sure what it involves
I guess as soon as possible, but I want to keep it off. I've lost and gained the same 2 stone for the last 6 or so years.

There is book that all the girls on the fb group used to chat about to do with food habits, I can’t remember the name it’s pink. I have a copy I will find it and let you know when I get home. You might all like that.

Also, to the ladies on it for the long haul, defo try Callanetics. It’s a 70’s exercise routine but it’s so small and gentle and the girls who lost 10st plus, all raced about it. It tightened the skin and also helped get rid of the ‘pouch’ you can get the dvd on Amazon.

There is book that all the girls on the fb group used to chat about to do with food habits, I can’t remember the name it’s pink. I have a copy I will find it and let you know when I get home. You might all like that.

Also, to the ladies on it for the long haul, defo try Callanetics. It’s a 70’s exercise routine but it’s so small and gentle and the girls who lost 10st plus, all raced about it. It tightened the skin and also helped get rid of the ‘pouch’ you can get the dvd on Amazon.
Thanks

I guess as soon as possible, but I want to keep it off. I've lost and gained the same 2 stone for the last 6 or so years.
I’m currently doing the diet, I had 2 stone to lose. I’ve lost half a stone. And potentially may stop after the other half and try to lose the rest in a more realistic way. For me I’ve done it as a jumpstart to get me motivated.