1899 - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread to discuss.

2 episodes in - not sure if this is good yet.

It's a bit hammy with one-dimensional uninteresting characters so far that are definitely not typical of the year it's supposedly set in (or maybe just bad acting?) Everyone just walks around staring moodily and angrily with no variation in the tone.

I have a sinking feeling the "mystery" will drag on and on.

Reactions: 3
I've not started it yet (tomorrow) but I implore you to please watch Dark first. I believe 1899 is poor in comparison. At least watch Dark after. Dark is bleeping amazing.

Reactions: 4
Really enjoying it, if you like it also watch Dark.
I loved Dark, I can't get into this at all. Iam on episode 2. I might start from the beginning because I wasn't really watching. Does it get better? This is not as gripping as Dark. Dark had me hooked from the start.

Reactions: 1
I loved Dark, I think it's one of the best things I've ever seen so I was highly anticipating this one. 4 episodes in by now and must say I prefer Dark.

The story isn't bad by any means, the location and videography look cool and I've some suspicion that the slightly "artifical" / HDR look has something to do with the mystery. But it hasn't gotten me the way Dark has. I'll finish this one for sure, it does seem to pick up, but I don't think it'll be a rewatch for me (whereas I've rewatched Dark at least three times now).

Reactions: 2
I watched Dark a couple years ago, for me it went downhill after the second season and I felt like they were just making tit up as they went along, like Lost. It became a chore to finish. I already gave up on 1899 so if anyone gets to the end please feel free to post what happened under a spoiler cut.

To some extent I'm really fatigued by shows being really heavy on trauma themes for the last 10-15 years. I can't think of any gritty shows I've fully got into since Breaking Bad/Saul and Fargo.

Reactions: 1
I just finished this and liked it, I liked the not knowing and guessing, the ending was good enough to wrap it up (if they don't make a 2nd season)

Reactions: 3
Just finished this. It did get better as it went along. I couldn't stop watching once I got into it. When i first saw the captain, I couldn't place where I had seen him. Then it clicked he was in Dark. The ending was quite the twist...

Reactions: 5
does anyone think she is back in another simulation? Or are they actually in space ship)

do you think the space was real life? The ending felt very alien-esqe to me .
i did think it was real life when i watched it. but your comment's definitely made me think twice!

I binged watched this in a few days. I'm in love with it!
I had been waiting for this. I'm a huge fan of Dark (the same writers/creators).
Also the actor that played Eyk ( he was also in Dark) is bleeping gorgeous.