MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone catch the Radio 4 segment? Anything of interest said, or just the usual rehashing of events? I can't listen to radio at work or I'd be playing it on catch-up now!

Reactions: 3
The gist of it was that people are less trusting of influencers now. Influencer advertising has possibly peaked and returns for companies aren't as good.

Reactions: 21
Did anyone catch the Radio 4 segment? Anything of interest said, or just the usual rehashing of events? I can't listen to radio at work or I'd be playing it on catch-up now!
It was interesting; there was a brief synopsis of the MOD saga but mostly the programme focussed on the issue with SM influencing as a whole, particularly that it lacks veracity.

Reactions: 9
Last week, Papa Puka posted something. Was it to do with the Lakeland catalogue or something from Lakeland? FOD responded and they had a bit of a chat. Am I going mad or does anyone else remember this? It’s now gone!
It was Ben Telford not Papa Pukka

Reactions: 6
It was mildly interesting, Bev Turner sticking in the boot that these influencers don't have a talent and their shtick is being genuine and that's all lost when they start doing adverts.

Hopefully soon it will be looked back on with amusement that people got paid for sharing their children and how much they loved certain products that they would be unlikely to ever spend their own money on.

Reactions: 24
I listened to the Clemmie Telford podcast with the Hoopers. It must have been recorded this year’s she mentioned the jewellery collaboration. There was an extremely high level of confidence and narcissism, from both of them, ,specially in the last part of the broadcast.

• Wow
Last week, Papa Puka posted something. Was it to do with the Lakeland catalogue or something from Lakeland? FOD responded and they had a bit of a chat. Am I going mad or does anyone else remember this? It’s now gone!
It was Ben Telford, not Pappa Pukka.

Reactions: 3
I don't think she's lost that many followers considering it's been in the national press. She could easily gain that back if/when she posts again, morbid curiosity will bring the audience back.

Reactions: 10
It was mildly interesting, Bev Turner sticking in the boot that these influencers don't have a talent and their shtick is being genuine and that's all lost when they start doing adverts.

Hopefully soon it will be looked back on with amusement that people got paid for sharing their children and how much they loved certain products that they would be unlikely to ever spend their own money on.
Thanks all for the summary! Sounds fairly interesting. Very valid point re their genuineness (and therefore appeal, I guess) being cut as soon as they start making ad money.

Reactions: 5
To be honest it’s probably given a career a mega boost , people who didn’t even know she was know now don’t they , my mum was even asking me if I knew who she was and she’s not even on Instagram because she saw a new article on it .

All those people going on about their ‘ friends’ urgh , I’ve been involved in a sort of Semi influencer type situation and I just wasn’t cut throat enough for it . I was offered things by small businesses and felt too bad to take them . Obviously it was something I thought would be great to indulge the interest I had but all the fawning sycophants involved is an eye opener .

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Really? God, I was so naiive about Instamums. I never pictured them just ringing companies up and being so blasé about wanting a freebie. The cheek of it, when MOD could well afford whatever she liked — and didn't even need to be doing a reno on that lovely house anyway. What did your friend say?!
It is balsey!!! But not surprising travel bloggers have been doing it for ages I will tag, review your hotel etc. on my blog in return for a free stay. A lot of hotels especially independents started pushing back as the barefaced cheek of it was insane. I couldn't do it i'm not a salesperson, instagrammers are basically sales people, they're just selling themselves! (and their family and their privacy)

Reactions: 11
I don't think she's lost that many followers considering it's been in the national press. She could easily gain that back if/when she posts again, morbid curiosity will bring the audience back.
I think people are hanging on for her response. I imagine after people won't be that bothered with her account. I would say her influencing days are behind her.

Reactions: 8
You had one job Hooper, to protect your reputation and it wasn’t even others who pissed it up the wall, it was YOU yourself!

I listened to the Clemmie Telford podcast with the Hoopers. It must have been recorded this year’s she mentioned the jewellery collaboration. There was an extremely high level of confidence and narcissism, from both of them, ,specially in the last part of the broadcast.
She’s had 2 collections, there was one before cosmic wank.

Reactions: 12
MODs numbers have dipped again. 660 now.

I mean it’s not Much in terms of her followers overall...but the sharpness of it is breathtaking. Can’t be an easy thing to watch. Bet she’s refreshing that ninja statistics websit3 incessantly

Reactions: 4
BD957AD7-5138-4C93-B38A-A0502846D769.jpeg

The thing I find strange about this image, as someone who has studied art history a fair amount, is the position of Candice’s hand. Jesus is often depicted using this open hand gesture. They’re all surrounding her like she’s the new Messiah.... maybe she is the Insta second coming?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
View attachment 58152
The thing I find strange about this image, as someone who has studied art history a fair amount, is the position of Candice’s hand. Jesus is often depicted using this open hand gesture. They’re all surrounding her like she’s the new Messiah.... maybe she is the Insta second coming?
Nah - I think she’s just got it open in anticipation for accepting more free tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 132
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.